Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project 'red van' (says the 4 year old) build thread

the TE following 1KZ = ecu controlled fuelling or electric fuel pump , both idle up and aircon likely send a signal to the the ecu saying increase fuel so to unplug either or both should make no difference because the signal will never be sent . Disconnect the idle up switch and see what if anything happens .

Dude if you read my posts, you'll find I am offering you my complete air conditioning system if that question can be answered, so it is on topic for your thread.
Sorry @Matt Vee for some reason my notification emails started randomly going to junk and I missed your offer. That would be absolutely amazing! You have my apologies... Never been one for not being corrected when he's wrong :)

Where are you based?

I havn't had it confirmed yet dude or worked it out myself but like I said if I can have it confirmed 100% then I'll rip it all out then you are free to come whenever. Also if you are looking for a roof rack, I have one for sale too (the one in my avatar)

I havn't had it confirmed yet dude or worked it out myself but like I said if I can have it confirmed 100% then I'll rip it all out then you are free to come whenever. Also if you are looking for a roof rack, I have one for sale too (the one in my avatar)
If you unplug the compressor it will have the same effect as it being removed. Far as I know it will give you no problems.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you unplug the compressor it will have the same effect as it being removed. Far as I know it will give you no problems.

AFAIK, switching on the AC activates both the compressor clutch and the idle-up. From then on, as the AC unit switches the compressor on and off, the idle-up kicks in and out.

So, if the compressor is removed, the idle-up will simply not be activated. This is how the AC system on my 80 was explained to me.

I can confirm that on my 1KZ-TE removing all the aircon components caused no problems.

Bit more progress last night... o/s arms and steering knuckle off. Waiting for pipe spanners to turn up before attempting the steering rack, those hoses look like nut-rounding-off hell! Welding this weekend... plan is to get the chassis and inner arches done along with full clean-up and prep so we can paint (UPOL Raptor) the underside... I can then get the new front suspension/arms/knuckes (with new polly bushes, bearings and ball joints), steering rack (with new tie rods and fluids), the new rear axle/training arms (with new polly bushes, bearings, rebuilt diff/locker and new actuator + wiring), prop shaft, fuel tank (cleaned-up and painted), new brake lines/hoses, new rear calipers/discs, new front discs/cleaned-up calipers and the old wheels.... back on :)

Then she can go on a trailer to Metal Products for fabbing of the inner/outer sills, outer arches, removal of windscreen and appature repair, front and rear bumper, winch mounts, rock sliders, bash guards, spare wheel/bbq carrier, high lift jack carrier, roof ladder, boot draws, dog cage and kitchen!

While she's there I'll be doing the engine and transimission services, fitting the snorkel and diff/trans breathers... paiting the insidie and outside (more raptor) and probably tons more I've forgotten!

Bit more progress last night... o/s arms and steering knuckle off. Waiting for pipe spanners to turn up before attempting the steering rack, those hoses look like nut-rounding-off hell! Welding this weekend... plan is to get the chassis and inner arches done along with full clean-up and prep so we can paint (UPOL Raptor) the underside... I can then get the new front suspension/arms/knuckes (with new polly bushes, bearings and ball joints), steering rack (with new tie rods and fluids), the new rear axle/training arms (with new polly bushes, bearings, rebuilt diff/locker and new actuator + wiring), prop shaft, fuel tank (cleaned-up and painted), new brake lines/hoses, new rear calipers/discs, new front discs/cleaned-up calipers and the old wheels.... back on :)

Then she can go on a trailer to Metal Products for fabbing of the inner/outer sills, outer arches, removal of windscreen and appature repair, front and rear bumper, winch mounts, rock sliders, bash guards, spare wheel/bbq carrier, high lift jack carrier, roof ladder, boot draws, dog cage and kitchen!

While she's there I'll be doing the engine and transimission services, fitting the snorkel and diff/trans breathers... paiting the insidie and outside (more raptor) and probably tons more I've forgotten!

Thats this week sorted, so what do you plan for the week after ? :lol:

Snorkel fitted(ish) this eveing... if anyone is thinking of buying the cheap knock-off chineese ones of ebay only do so if you are willing to butcher your arch as much as I already had plus some! Pics to follow when its not thunder and lightning out.

Fabbing and repairing commenced...

IMG_20190727_105320.jpg

All chassis welding done, all remaining rot cut out, arches and sills prepped for mods. Steering rack and bottom arms out. Tomorrow its underside cleaning and painting.

Progress pics... Raptor on up to the mid body mounts. Front suspension and steering will be going in this week. Bbig thanks to Josh, Chris and Callum for the help!

IMG_20190728_151859.jpg IMG_20190728_175038.jpg IMG_20190728_151820.jpg IMG_20190728_141123.jpg IMG_20190728_151832.jpg IMG_20190728_175049.jpg IMG_20190728_141116.jpg IMG_20190728_175106.jpg

Before cleaning up rot... And after...
received_446598932847516.jpeg

Before painting... and after....
IMG_20190728_175119__01.jpg

Back