Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

R12 gas

Gizmops

Country Flag
spain
Good morning from Valencia, Spain. My 1992 80 series needs the air con regassing. 2 local garages by looking at the refill points have told me that I need R12 gas which is no longer available. Has anybody changed to R134a and how much coild it cost.

Drain the compressor of mineral oil. Flush the system. Add port adaptors to compressor ports. Nitrogen leak test system. If no leaks release nitrogen. Vacuum system down. Add correct amount of pag oil to system this mixes with r134a gas. Add a dye if you want. Recharge system with correct refrigerant charge. Job should be done no problem

R134a is not as efficient as r12. But it will still work well on the older system's if you do the right things.

I've got one I did three years ago. Still blowing cold. No major problems. Ac is no longer just a regas on a lot of these older Motors

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi, I think I have found someone local to me for the new gas. He is away on holiday at the moment. I will run your solution past him when he is back . Your solution sounds great.
Many thanks

Back