Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radio Question

Grease Monkey

I have a 2005 Lc4 with the Wide 2Din radio (TNS300ETA). Reading the bumf, If the Trip/Navi button is pressed I should be able to get average fuel consumption and instantaneous fuel consumption.
Mine just gets me to the sat nav screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Nope - Crispin and I did some investigating on this and the UK spec 120s didn't come with the trip computer on the LC4 or LC5. Weird ....

Nope - Crispin and I did some investigating on this and the UK spec 120s didn't come with the trip computer on the LC4 or LC5. Weird ....

Made this discovery myself when I bought the car. Quite dissapointing really. :icon-cry:

yup, some EU models had it. There was a chap with a Spanish LHD 120 which had all the gizmos. Was bummed when I realised the only my 120 had was the digital clock :(

yup, some EU models had it. There was a chap with a Spanish LHD 120 which had all the gizmos. Was bummed when I realised the only my 120 had was the digital clock :(
Looks like a digital clock is something else I'm missing :violin:

Further to my original query I find that the radio will not read some recored CD's. I've tried different formats Mp3, WAV and WMA. The Cd's play ok in my wife's Peugeot but not in the Toyota.
The lc will play pre-recorded discs and Cd copies.
Any ideas where I'm going wrong or what format they have to be?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The CD player will not, AFAIK, play anything other than audio CDs. MP3, WMA and WAV are not audio CDs but rather CDs with audio files on them. Download Nero (or other) and start a "audio CD" session and burn the files using that.
It puts them in a format which the CD player should read.

it's best to try with a normal CD-R first and not a re-recordable as the latter are sometimes not supported in some CD players.

Thanks Crispin, did as you said and it worked :dance:. Just been traveling around Europe for a month and not been able to play the discs I'd burnt. I can bin them now and start again.
Cheers

Back