Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Really?

The one in the classic auction at kings Lynn 12v manual cloth etc but 63k definately sold at £15k. I enquired in the week whilst leaving a bid on a shogun in their weekly sale.

It seems the market is moving into bubble territory but it's hard to know.

I seen an absolutely mint 3.0L swb 70 in town yesterday looked like a new car but i was in a traffic queue with no hope of stopping nearby so if you see a blue over silver one come up for sale in Wales ...............................

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This could be a reasonable buy for someone

Attachments

• 20201213_131736.jpg
    20201213_131736.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 55
Yep, not daft money Gav. 80's seem to be the " must have" thing at the moment. Good job you have some.

I'd sooner sink my money into that than that 60 series.

I've really not got any more room mores the pity. To be fair to it the old 60 isnt going to cost me a fortune. I'm fairly sure I'll be the right side of 3k done.

Last edited by a moderator:
At that kind of money I'd be more interested in this:-

Lot more for the same money, all totally depends on inspection. GS = poverty spec, lucky if its got air con and the gearbox's that year can have the second gear issue.

£25k for a GS, are they serious? £23k max.

Daft as it sounds, there could well be someone out there who'd pay that. You want to overland and you're going to pay an outfitter to put it all together for a three year trip across Africa or something. You'd have to balance that cost against all the work that you know you'd need to get it ready. Some folk have deep enough pockets. Frankly if you rocked up with £20k in cash, they'd probably take your arm off. Given that they probably stole it from someone for £5k

£25k is FJ Cruiser money. Just before Christmas I came out of a local Asda to find a guy looking round the LC and wanting to know if I'd sell it and if I did decide to sell how much I would want. As Chris mentions I think there are speculators out there looking for a quick profit.

Looking at the mileage on those last pictures well looked after Sunday cars Go on then twist my arm i will give you three n aff if you drive me to the bank for the cash and you don't mind walking back

If it was a VX amazon with that mileage on id choose that all day over a 100 even at that price. Ive had 100s, 4 ,5 speed etc variable vane turbo etc they just dont cut it, not saying they are bad vehicles at all, they are a lovely motor, drive better on the road, and are plusher than an 80. They just dont quite stand it aswell when you "ask" of them thats all.

Agreed GS poverty model, second gear issue etc, but looked after it will be here long after a 100s expired due to corrosion or electrical issues, AHC, EDC diesel pumps etc (ever had to rewire an ahc ecu front to rear to get the suspension to work due to a rotten harness? Crazy, and "no" spring conversion was not an option on that one).

80s were the best of the Landcruiser days no nonsence in line 6, live axle motor, built well with a touch of comfort. 60 series were tough, but corrosion issues were difficult to combat and they were underpowered compared to an 80.

Its reflected in the prices people are starting to ask. 25k is excessive. Maybe 20 for a GS at that mileage. I know where id rather have my money though all day long given the choice.

This would be a very good opportunity for somebody who knows what they are looking at, IF it is what it says it is. IT would need to be right though, mechanically and cosmetically.

Just my ten cents worth.

Back