Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Really?

Given the circumstances, no one is really going anywhere at the moment. In a year, maybe. In 3 years for sure. So, I don't understand why the prices...

@bandsnbrakes when you say 80 were the best, surely you mean the 105's :)

Far from it, no turbo factory engine, r151 gearbox. Thinner metals. 105's today are a good condition alternative, but could never fully replace a factory turbo 80, unless some serious powertrain transplants were carried out. Again 105 a good truck, but the powertrain is wrong. Should have been a turbo with mechanical pump.

And the body work is only in good condition because they came from hot climate countries. They could also potentially rot even faster, if its true different levels of corrosion "protection" are used for different markets.

A few 105s were lucky enough to come with the 1HD T.

Haha, yeah. Quite a few 80s had the 1HZ too. And to be fair, it's not too bad. I can do and hold 70 down the M25 or make it over most hills fine. Just takes a bit longer to get there :)

An adorable review of the 105 that popped up last night ...

If only there was some way of attaching the spare to the outside of the vehicle rather than have to store it inside. Shame they didn't say much about the tyres :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
24V auto, just my thing. Best combination on an 80. No egr valves but no diff locks if thats important. Could well be a solid motor. The shot of the rear part of the chassis looks promising.

Its got some scuffs..... But Low mileage, And no mention of Rust in MOT history...... Spare wheel on the outside :lol:...... They just messaged me back saying someone was picking it up Today.... Didn't think it would hang around at that price...

Its so when they sell it and remove the said dash cam or whatever it is.. Your left with a load of unsightly holes.... Only explanation Mike!.. :confusion-shrug:

Given the circumstances, no one is really going anywhere at the moment. In a year, maybe. In 3 years for sure. So, I don't understand why the prices...

Or another way you might look at it is, this is exactly the right time to buy....

Nobody is going anywhere.....so more trucks coming to market due to lack of use....planned trips have been disrupted, so lots of prepped vehicles might also be burning holes in owner's pockets too.

If you're planning a trip in 12-18 months, then now might be a good time to buy a vehicle, sort out any issues and then take the time to plan and prep it exactly how you want and might need.

Just an alternative view - tbh I don't really know. :icon-wink:

Heading back to reality:-

started off at £20k.

Chap here, on the UK deer stalking forum selling a 55 plate 120 that sounds decent. £6k. Don't know him, but said I'd stick a post up on here in case it's of any interest. Can't tell you anything more than the ad. He does say it's not got the usual rust which means he's more clued up than most.

The 1998 Colorado VX looks a steal at that money - if its good underneath of course. A sane alternative to a 25K poverty spec 80.

It's crazy the difference in price to the 80's. That's the same as my 120 apart from colour, which when new were £34k list price. I can't see me letting mine go for that price, I'd rather see it rust on the driveway.

Back