Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Really?

Not sure Towpack... I don't know how you go on with warranty etc, Or even if that model would be on the Insurance companies Data Base... And left hand drive, Could be expensive to insure.... Im sure someone on here will know... Still why import Left hand drive for the UK Market.. Unless he's selling to the rest of Europe too.. I suppose ebay is global..

They're still available new in Australia and, possibly S. Africa as RHD. I'm sure this question was brought up some time ago on the forum and the answer was you couldn't legally import a new one (possibly something to do with the V8 diesel engine) but used ones over a cetain age are elligable? I guess importing from Australia, wether new or used, means higher shipping costs compared to some LHD markets. If it's not an "official" UK impprt then Toyota UK will probably not want to know you regarding any warranty.
New 79 Series

Last edited:
Without looking into it I thought these LHD trucks might be Middle Eastern imports. The importer signed up on here a few weeks ago so maybe he will be along to shed some light.

A friend has a 79 series with the V8 diesel here in the UK..... imported and registered brand new without an issue .
When speaking with a Toyota UK representative about how they now don't support users who need a 200 series type vehicle for a proper tow vehicle, he was very evasive about warranty support for a new import....legally I think they have to honour the base warranty ..... he did suggest an import as a solution though .
Same as if your German supplied and registered car broke down while on holiday in the UK .... pretty sure the UK dealer would submit a claim to the manufacturer .
I know that's what we had to do with AG equipment .... base warranty is with the Manufacturer ....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Going shopping today, coinciding with a work trip.

I will need suitable attire:-

One long black cape with turned up collar

One three cornered hat in black felt

One face mask for eye protection

One scarf.

Long black boots.

Two flintlock pistols

One Rapier sword

And a big black horse famed for its endurance.

Lets see where this lot gets me ........

Apparently " stand and deliver" isn't the best way to start negotiations.

However I ended up with this:-

IMG_2252.JPG

IMG_2255.JPG

Not bad overall, with 12 months MOT ,Turbo and a spare set of original wheels and tyres. Looks like a couple of small oil leaks to sort out but otherwise pretty ok. Fair romped along the 150 mile drive home.
Plan is to put it back to standard suspension and wheels and take it from there.

Great looking cruiser there. Don't know how you keep finding these little gems. Just know the right people I guess.I'd be interested in the wheels and tyres maybe the suspension too Andy. That's if you decide to sell them.

Taken the roof rack off already, looks a load better if you'll excuse the pun!!!.
All being well it'll be in the house garage tomorrow and we'll be tinkering.
Gav, you've got first dibs, I'll let you know.

its funny and interesting how little lads are attracted to vehicles like these. from about 6 months old jack would start waving his arms about frantically and smile, whilst saying "ugh ugh" whenever he saw a tractor.
when i drive through town in the mog, i see little lads tugging there dads arm and looking back when they see it.

yeah your not wrong, and believe it or not, the women too..

Back