Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear axel casing

Sag

Hi all,this weekend I had my top link bar detach from the rear axel,so was wondering if they is only milners what sell the casing or can it be got from else where,the garage are going to see whether it's worth welding or replaced so would rather have know of places before hand to make it a little quicker on getting this sorted.
thanks all.

That's a blow Sag, I guess a lot of us with Collies are sitting on a time bomb with em being 14+ years old. Mines rusty but solid (ish) but I've lathered it in chain lube to try and preserve it a little. The prob is s/h ones aren't much better but there was a decent one on the bay recently for £225.

I havent seen anyone else in the UK selling them. Milners price is the same as you'd pay in the UAE, but the carriage costs will be a lot cheaper, and no import duty to pay.

Axle out refurbed and reinforced is on my somewhere over the rainbow list because it would end up stronger than a new one .

Liking your tent garage by the way its very tempting to get one but the weather seems to be improving and it would only be a hindrance to the construction of my solid garage if it ever gets started .

Last edited:
Milners is the only place I've seen that sell the casings. But the mount is a fairly easy repair, I got the local engineers to to repair mine and while they were at it strengthen all the other mounting points on the axle.

Worth noting that I had a good look at some axles on some of the OilLibya Rally cars and they just run standard toyota axles with no extra strengthening.

Well they are having a truck body company look at it so I've been told so fingers crossed will be better than new as I know the company and they are very good at what they build,thanks for the replys all much appreciated :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
For the money you'd spend on a new casing, don't you think you could refurb the standard one + strengthen the brackets and main mounting points for less money, ending up with a better final product? No idea how much a company would charge to do this kinda work though...

iirc correctly I paid about £300 for mine to be repaired and strengthened.

Well not heard any news,so in my head it's good news hopefully.

Got Bertha back last night,they have made some plates and welded them onto the rear axel all good now and he only charged me £100 so I'm happy again now :dance:

Back