Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear Control Arms & Panhard Rod

fridayman

Garage
Does anyone know if these are left/right specific? Or if they can be installed the wrong way round?

They are identical. Two short tops, two long bottoms and one cross Panhard rod. No differences at either end.

Chris

When I re-furbished mine I couldn't detect any difference between the two lower or two upper ones.

however (there's always a 'But' :roll: ) - Left & Right lower ones have different part numbers :doh: .

RearAxleShocksSprings.jpg

Does anyone know why :?: :?:

This implies there is a difference somewhere :?

Bob.

I think I need to take them off again. I am still getting some clicking and clunking since the suspension lift and new poly bushes. Hopefully I will be able to see a mark of some sort somewhere that might give me a clue about what is making the noises. The one clunk definitely started after the panhard bushes were changed.

Well it would be difficult to get the PH rod the wrong way round as it has the bracket for the load sensing valve on it. The bushes that I put in came in a bag together. There were no ID marks for one end or the other and they fitted fine.
Odd that the lower arms have a left and right code. I can't figure that.

IMGP2824.jpg

IMGP2812.jpg

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris said:
Odd that the lower arms have a left and right code. I can't figure that.

I had stripped mine back to bare metal and removed the inner steel sleeves before I spotted the part numbers . . . It was one of those "Oooooooooo Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit" moments.

I think there are 16 combinations of left/right, front/back, rotate 180deg, Swap ends & rotate 180deg - I must have tried them all :roll:

I couldn't find any indicator marks on them anywhere.

Car seems to work fine :whistle:

Bob.

Back