Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recommendations for new tyres

Another one for the Cooper discoverer at3 4S and also General grabber at3 which i swapped for the Cooper as i thought they were noisier but it turned out to be a grumbling front wheel bearing.

Thanks for all these suggestions. Prices seem high at the moment - the Geolanders at Blackcircle seemed to go up overnight by almost £20 each. So biding my time until the right deal comes along.

See that Blackcircle doing the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S for £127 each fitted. That strikes me as a good price and they get v good reviews. At money that’s better price than Geolanders. That’s for the 70 profile. Those who have the At3s, are you running 65s or 70s on the 120 and are you getting any rubbing? Am I also right in thinking that in theory more comfortable with the taller sidewalls?

I bought a set of Falken Landair AT tyres, 31-10.50-15 in Feb 2018. I've driven to Ibiza and back on them and three years as my daily drive. They've worn astonishingly well. Theres probably 4 or 5 mm left on the worst worn one.

They dont make the identical tyre still but if I can find a set made from the same compound I'll buy them again in a flash.

Bets tyres I've ever bought.

Well, I’ve narrowed it down to Geolander 015 on 65 profile or -£20 more fir 4 fitted- Cooper AT3 4S on 70 profile. Looking at my sidewalls today, decided I’d better get on with this. So any views as to which of these to choose ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not had experience of either tyre but I would go for the 70 profile - the taller tyre will look better and (probably) ride better - you'll regret it for £5 per corner imho.

Well, prices seem to change as soon as you blink but the Cooper AT3 4S are holding steady at £508 inc balancing , cutting , disposal etc fir 4 of the 70 profile. The 70 Geolanders 015 are going to be c £40 more so I’ve decided to go for the Cooper. Just hope the 70 profile is not going to rub!

Well, prices seem to change as soon as you blink but the Cooper AT3 4S are holding steady at £508 inc balancing , cutting , disposal etc fir 4 of the 70 profile. The 70 Geolanders 015 are going to be c £40 more so I’ve decided to go for the Cooper. Just hope the 70 profile is not going to rub!
Milner 4x4 are responsible on price i got my Cooper at3 4s from them at £105 each and £10 a tyre fitted. Or alternatively if you are near West Yorkshire i have four General grabber at3 265 /65/17 £400.

Well, 4 new Cooper AT3 4S 265x70 fitted today. So will let you know how I get on with them. From Blackcircle. Fitted, alignment checked and one good redundant Dunlop carcass fitted in place of the iffy tyre on spare wheel. £528 all in which I thought pretty good.

Did anyone tried Cooper Discoverer s/t maxx? Reviews are quite good and it is a beauty too :) in plan to buy it this year for trip.

I have ST MAXX on my 80, a good alternative to BFG AT's in my opinion unless you're going extreme. Mine have done Morocco without ant drama.

Back