Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Road rage on the increase?

Zeusv8

I had a record four road rage incidents today! First was this morning when a woman cut me up due to her being in the wrong lane off a r/about. I never reacted to this and got the finger and a barrage of braking bullshit. Then on the m/way at 80mph I had a tailgater who was so close I couldn't see his bonnet, carried on driving until I got past the truck with this gimp flashing his lights at me to move and when I changed lane he did the same in front of me and started jumping on the brakes!!!
Heading out tonight woman pulled out right in front of me, no idea how I stopped! Beeped at her and received the finger out the window!
On the way home then another twat never looked right on a r/about pulled out regardless so I flashed the lights and guess what I got... Yep the finger again!
So my solution to this is a GREAT BIG FUCK OFF WINCH BUMPER!!!

You & John (Dark Dude) ought to start a therapy group Jim!!! :lol:

Its not good out there at times... :evil:

Hahaha road rage anonymous ! :lol:
I believe the law has changed on the assumption that if you run into the back of a car you are not deemed to be in the wrong if that driver braked for no reason ............... :think: :evil:

Or synonymous rather than anonymous maybe... :lol:

I ain't no lawyer but I'm sure someone will delete this thread if required!!! :mrgreen:

:lol:

Any road rage incidents I've seen are in my mirrors, as for them slow buggers in front of me............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Road rage?? I thought that was normal Glaswegian behaviour?

I'll be off, then, sans coat :lol: (it was probably nicked ;-) )

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had a 'road rage' a while back, I was in a traffic queue and didn't stop for a camper van waiting to exit a garage forecourt, then got stopped by the traffic in front of me and suddenly there was this apoplectic purple faced moron screaming at me through the window, luckily for me it was closed. C'mon get out of the car he was shouting, get out of the car, you nearly smashed my van, now I am nearly 70 and well past the days when I could have had a go so I just sat there and laughed which seemed to annoy him somewhat, then the traffic moved and so did I, as I pulled away he punched the drivers window sooo hard the truck shook, he must have split his knuckles. (Those Toyota windows must be very strong :think: )
I kept my eye on him in the mirror, he had been stopped behind me in the traffic, I was sure he would be coming back, but the van never moved, he must have stalled it, or had a heart attack :lol:

Yesterday seemed like a day for the useless to go for a drive

I had a few twonks in the way :lol:

Tourist season makes the m5 hell on a Friday, overtaking is impossible, undertaking is the only way to make progress, for 25+ miles yesterday I used lanes 1&2 as lane 3 was the slowest....

Cossack said:
I had a 'road rage' a while back, I was in a traffic queue and didn't stop for a camper van waiting to exit a garage forecourt, then got stopped by the traffic in front of me and suddenly there was this apoplectic purple faced moron screaming at me through the window, luckily for me it was closed. C'mon get out of the car he was shouting, get out of the car, you nearly smashed my van, now I am nearly 70 and well past the days when I could have had a go so I just sat there and laughed which seemed to annoy him somewhat, then the traffic moved and so did I, as I pulled away he punched the drivers window sooo hard the truck shook, he must have split his knuckles. (Those Toyota windows must be very strong :think: )
I kept my eye on him in the mirror, he had been stopped behind me in the traffic, I was sure he would be coming back, but the van never moved, he must have stalled it, or had a heart attack :lol:

I would have reversed up his bonnet.

Ages ago I had some idiot flashing lights sounding horn waving arms shouting etc at me for pulling into the 20yard gap he had left in front of him? at a merge in area (travelling at <5mph)

It carried on as the traffic moved along....

At a narrow point in the the road I stopped got out a walked up to his car and asked if he had an electrical issue as there seemed to be a problem with his head lights and horn? he couldn't shut the window fast enough as I walked his way :lol: :lol:

Havent had I fight since the school yard days, just seem to need to look angry these days!

jeepmadmike said:
Cossack said:
asked if he had an electrical issue as there seemed to be a problem with his head lights and horn? he couldn't shut the window fast enough as I walked his way :lol: :lol:
:lol: Reminds me of a story I once heard about an impatient driver honking his horn at a broken down car in front of him, the driver of which came back and said "I'll stay here and press your horn if you'll go and fix my car" :lol:

:lol: Reminds me of a story I once heard about an impatient driver honking his horn at a broken down car in front of him, the driver of which came back and said "I'll stay here and press your horn if you'll go and fix my car" :lol:

:clap: :D :lol:

over here, no matter what the reason, if you tap the back of the vehicle in front of you then you will be charged with following too close.

and yes, i have heard of reports where a bloke backed into the car behind him and the one that was behind recieved the ticket and fine.

the best (or worst) i have heard is road rage was occuring, the one in front called the cops about a rear ender, hung up, and backed into the agressor. the cops arrived and charged the agressor.

me, i like to drive respectfully and have a huge steel bumper out the front.
a few months back i am heading off to my usual Sunday morning breakfast haunt driving 10 over the same as all the traffic here. this bloke comes flying up behind me and decides to pass uphill on a double line. just as he is parallel beside me a transport, with one of those HUGE deer bars on the front, comes over the hill ... sadly i was having one of those "not my problem" days so i decided to just stay the course and thought "must be your time buddy" and he NAILS the brakes and drops back in behind.
once over the hill he pins it and flys by me then nails the binders and all the while i am thinking "what a goof" then "hummm, my steel bumper against your plastic car" and, since i have not had an accident in over 15 years, i can afford one, keep the speed constant. i guess he got the idea when he was just about to connect since suddenly he flips me the bird and off he flies.
i had a good laugh at breakfast over it.

i feel the best way to deal with this agression is just to sluff it off, nothing upsets more someone that is already angry than a laugh.

sadly, he will probably kill an innocent family one day.

Crushers said:
over here, no matter what the reason, if you tap the back of the vehicle in front of you then you will be charged with following too close.
I always thought it was the same here, but I had an accident on a Lambretta scooter when I rear ended someone because a police horse in front had reared up when going under a bridge, I think the traffic going over had spooked him, causing the car in front of me to slam on the brakes, yeah, I was too close :oops: , . . . but the Police paid out for the damage. :thumbup:

Since fitting the windscreen camera I have actually become more relaxed about road rage, as it gives me something to laugh about afterwards when I watch it again - it has also made me more careful, as a camera can work against you as well as for you.

£25.00 well spent.

Pete

Back