Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

Terrific. That's really handy and just what I was after.

So, let me see. I have to have 9 warning triangles, one hi viz jacket each per cupholder, a First Aid kit which must not be carried in the car, only one headlight which must face backwards, and it's illegal to wave at Farmers on tractors. Pheew. OK I think I got it. Now, once I actually leave the UK......

Hey Chris, you just couldn't resist getting the coveted cup holder into this tread could you :icon-rolleyes::lol:

Heck, I forgot the secret cup holder Clive. That's another jacket on order then..

I've been awake all night trying to come up with somewhere to put two triangles that are accessible but not in the boot. Wondered about mounting them on the wings.

Heck, I forgot the secret cup holder Clive. That's another jacket on order then..

I've been awake all night trying to come up with somewhere to put two triangles that are accessible but not in the boot. Wondered about mounting them on the wings.

You could wear them Chris, like Elton John glasses :whistle:

please sir, could i come?:pray:

would be bringing a (by then)15 year old and 5 year old, oh, and the missus, who is Belorussan and currently in her last year of doing a masters in translation studies. She speaks Russian (amogst other things like Polish and Ukrainian), but I believe that is quite widely spoken in Romania.

Another on the the list, this is great!

These days, German and of course Hungarian is widely used in the West of Romania. Russian is less common but really as a foreigner, English is often recognized, mainly by the younger population, say under 40's.

Good to have you on board :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is going to be a mega trip

What have i started :icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
yes at this rate we will be able to strech an entier country with the convoy.

No feedback on the schedule.... does that mean it's OK as updated below?

Romania 2015-5.PNG

HJ60:thumbup:

(I'll do the sweep at the rear!:laughing-rolling:)

dates are good as it falls into the school hols, will be damn hot though that time of year.

dates are good as it falls into the school hols, will be damn hot though that time of year.

Hoping it will be a bit cooler in Romania

And i still want to do Morocco and that will be hotter

Shame about Jon's problem with the dates :(

Romania 2015-6.PNG

August should be warm, but in my area its always some 8-10 degrees less than Bucharest. Maybe mid 30's C dropping at altitude to mid 20's C which is perfect!

Last edited:
Quick question - are we going to just do as much off roading as possible en route to Romania and whilst we're there? Or are we going to be visiting towns and other tourist attractions?

Maybe another potential... :dance:

Somebody respond to Andy please, this is not my call :lol:

Back