Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

I don't think I will be off roading - but i am guess you are referring to trails etc Andy? I am conscious of having to get there and back in one piece so it will be gentle stuff for me only I think.

There are plenty of forest roads which are stone and at worst just a bit washed out and muddy...

I'm with Chris on that one, I want to get back OK too.

EDIT
Stony tracks would be OK Clive.

I'd be fine with that. But I wouldn't be looking for extreme winch action roll down hillside air ambulance stuff. Don't mind that at the local P&P 'cos at worst I can walk home.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Toyota are build for these long trips

I have the only vehicle that is build to breakdown but i am not worry because i will bring my spares and tool kit with me

Before you leave check the vehicle top to bottom, back to front

And if possible travel together so u can help each other

Quick question - are we going to just do as much off roading as possible en route to Romania and whilst we're there? Or are we going to be visiting towns and other tourist attractions?
Well it s up to you and how much time u can spare to get there and back
The problem is to get there in 4 days u need to do about 400 miles a day
I will be looking forward to doing the trails when i get there

And yes i have a plan get there and back and have a bit of fun and to see Romania again

Have already got a plan to visit Bulgaria/Romania in 2016 i hope

If you're wearing those new wheels Chris, take care, I've a lovely set of steels that would fit your truck just fine, and I've got a jack :whistle:

And what about the cultural side of things?
The only reason I ask is that if it's mainly driving tracks etc, then it's not going to be much fun for my wife -

I think there is a balance to be stuck on something like this - never having done one mind you. There is a need to 'get there' so that we can relax and enjoy ourselves, but getting there is part of the holiday too so we do need to take the time to absorb stuff along the way. I can get on the train to London and back if all I want to do is see trees whizzing past. Personally I would love to travel in a convoy. A line of Yota's sweeping down through Europe like some Northern 4 wheeled tribe would be awesome. I am happy to go along with the flow but I'd like to have some planned stops perhaps, like service intervals where we can re group if something goes wrong or if people want to go off here and there. We all come together again at a few points along the way. I can't see the point of fueling to the brim and just gunning it to get to the end as fast as possible.

Do we actually have a date in mind for this by the way? We can have a count down clock running, probably. Can we block book a ferry?

Several members have a countdown running in their signatures Chris, mine included :whistle:

Not somewhere I would have looked Clive :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:

And what about the cultural side of things?
The only reason I ask is that if it's mainly driving tracks etc, then it's not going to be much fun for my wife -

If Andy's reference to culture includes seeing some old villages and the Romanian rural way of life, then the recent trip I made on the DJ 102i from my place to Secele near Brasov, will take us through some authentic rural villages, as well as forests and some scenery.

You could also do some detours off the main drag between the Hungarian border and my place. I don't know the plan or proposed route either, you may decide not to come as far East as me, but until that decision is taken I'm going to assume that you will. I can always travel West to meet up with the convoy if necessary.

If you do come to Comarnic, I can take you on a couple of easy day-trips that will include village life and scenery and can take in a visit to Raznov Castle, Bran Castle, some markets, restaurants and other more social activities as you see fit. You can use it as a base if you want, or just pass through.

Bottom line, I want my involvement to enhance your trip, not to be a commitment at the detriment of it! :icon-biggrin:

My boss says this is all your fault Clive so we will make it to your house even if we miss some good stuff on the way . Seriously though i don't imagine this trip to be a grueling expedition into unknown wilderness but more of a sightseeing tour of places i might never have otherwise visited . I always feel tourists are herded into tourist areas and so often miss out on the natural wonders every place holds , that's why i'm keen to meet up with you Clive i'm sure despite having local knowledge you can still see things as we would , being myself from a beautiful Island i know how natives can be blind to what they were born to .
Taking it easy and go with the flow sounds good to me . No pressure or panic because we accidentally took a wrong turn just keep going and we will find our ourselves back on track eventually . The last few posts also encourage me to use a trailer tent :think: still mulling that one over .

remember the dates are up to u,

You can leave 2 days early and spend more time on the way down to go sightseeing

Me and my mate are not using the trails everyday as i would like to look around the castles again and i want to see if i can get that very nice cheese i got last time from a lay-by,
oh and i want one day off for a good drink and no driving

Cheese from a lay-by? Oooh err, there's plenty of that! Probably sheep's cheese and rather salty, but if you like it we can get some in from a more trusted source :icon-wink:

There's always a lot of honey in the lay-by's too but they cut it with neat sugar syrup and I don't recommend it. Again we know where to get the good home-made stuff.

If anyone wants unsmoked bacon or sausages for their breakfast butties, you'll have to bring it with you. Even smoked bacon can only be found in the supermarkets, it's foreign! :lol:

Oh how I miss unsmoked bacon and regular sausages:?

If you want, you can chill out for a day with a fridge of beer and the BBQ...:thumbup:

If you want, you can chill out for a day with a fridge of beer and the BBQ...:thumbup:

drinking-14.gif
barbecue-21.gif
drinking-14.gif
barbecue-21.gif
drinking-14.gif
barbecue-21.gif
drinking-14.gif

Evening Gentlemen.

Would there be space for another one on this trip. I had been following it from the start but at the time didn't have a truck that would be up to this kind of thing. Now, However, I still don't but will have by the time the trip comes round (assuming no catastrophic events)

Thanks

Evening Gentlemen.

Would there be space for another one on this trip. I had been following it from the start but at the time didn't have a truck that would be up to this kind of thing. Now, However, I still don't but will have by the time the trip comes round (assuming no catastrophic events)

Thanks

:dance:

Not my trip, but the more the merrier for me!! Welcome aboard Chris!

Time to look up that table...

Back