Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

As you know I'm up before the sun so I'm looking for things to do while your still having wet dreams about my 90 :lol:

Steering wheel off to realign it this morning and later today having run myself over I thought I may as well check while I'm under there that it was just the exhaust I heard knocking .

What did you have the bonnet up for when we arrived home tonight , did you really overheat the brakes that much on today's gentle ramble :whistle:
Don't confuse wet dreams with something that's w#$k!
Yes I think they got a tad warm on the way down. Lesson learnt today.

Do you run over yourself on a regular basis shane?

They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger so I reckon twice a week should be a good anti ageing prescription :icon-smile:

Truth is I was under there wondering how comfortable Nick would be while tied to the prop shaft because the cheeky blighter is virtually volunteering for the position :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Karma's a bitch! Go on Shayne, spit it out...
Ps. Clives my hero!

Aw Nick you don't honestly think I would take the piss out of your mighty auto bus do you , I have absolutely no intention of telling anyone about the little pot hole that snapped your ARB at both ends allowing it to cut your brake line , nor would I tell anyone how lucky we were you drive an auto which lets us tootle 80 odd km home in 2nd gear low box , nope your secrets safe with me :whistle:

Easiest way to become a hero, undoing 4 bolts to remove an anti-roll bar (with both end mountings snapped off the axle :icon-rolleyes:) and removing the snapped stubby little brake pipe that feeds the flexi, so we could fold over the end just to give Nick some semblance of brakes.

He did well to drive back navigating 1:6 downhills with hairpins...

Just before

Just after, ring tightener about 4:50

Ooh bugger, well done Nick for getting it back and to Shayne for not taking the piss at all!!
Sounds like a great crack

Ooh bugger, well done Nick for getting it back and to Shayne for not taking the piss at all!!
Sounds like a great crack
All the thanks goes to the others for their help and patience. At the moment I have to pump the break to get it to do anything so the drive home was interesting. Unfortunately the memory card filled up just before the steep decent with the tight hair pins.

Good videos Nick, if in an emergency with no brakes as you have/had. Bang the autobox into reverse or park and it will stop for sure! If it's a tossup between damaging the bodywork on 2 trucks. If not going too fast the autobox will take it, at least the autobox on my hilux surf used to take it at 40mph years ago, the tyres used to smoke really well!! Lol:laughing-rolling:

Good videos Nick, if in an emergency with no brakes as you have/had. Bang the autobox into reverse or park and it will stop for sure! If it's a tossup between damaging the bodywork on 2 trucks. If not going too fast the autobox will take it, at least the autobox on my hilux surf used to take it at 40mph years ago, the tyres used to smoke really well!! Lol:laughing-rolling:
I did try sticking it in park but it wasn't having it. Same as going down a hill and moving from 2nd to L was allright if the speeds were matched. If not it just stayed in 2nd.

Looks like a great trip so far, pictures and videos are brilliant. hopefully an easy fix for the brakes and good it's back to Clive's in one piece.

Didn't know the tractor could pull away that quickly @clivehorridge

IMG_0931.JPG
How many 80 drivers does it take to undo 4 bolts :lol:

Back