Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

Not mine. Cant stand the stuff! I did however have my 2nd beer of the trip when we arrived. Today was so hot and we got stuck in our first traffic jam ( on the motorway) 1.5 hours to do 3 miles which killed us all. Different campsite this time which is a whole lot nicer than the one we stayed at on the way. Off to Germany tomorrow.

What can I say but Thank You Clive and Aura for giving up your home and your time for us all. Lynn and I had a fantastic time, I tackled terrain with gusto that I would normally have been very cautious about driving and learned a lot in the process. I didn't get stuck once, nor did I damage the truck that I'm aware of. The new additions have performed well and I'm getting quite quick at putting the tent up and clearing it away.

A superb visit, worth all the driving which is not so bad in an 80 with air con. :)

Many thanks to Clive for getting my seat cushion changed and washing my truck off. :)

Tonight's camp

20170901_163134.jpg
Unless the stragglers need to be closer to the loo!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We all parted company this morning , Nick had a train to catch and Rich was taking Lynne to a hotel .
It was a strange day for Helen and me because after charging home for 3 days we found ourselves wasting time today in no hurry to reach the Belgium camp both knowing if we arrived too early the temptation to jump on the ferry with it being so close would be hard to resist .

I'm sure we we could have slept at home tonight but common sense prevailed and we agreed not to spoil what has been a very relaxing and easy trip .

Been crashed out in the Wendy house for 2 hours waiting for it to go dark BBQ and beer is better in the dark :icon-biggrin:

Did you see the mahoosive queue on the other side of the motorway this morning when we left camp. Caused by a landrover tugging a boat.

What can I say but Thank You Clive and Aura for giving up your home and your time for us all. Lynn and I had a fantastic time, I tackled terrain with gusto that I would normally have been very cautious about driving and learned a lot in the process. I didn't get stuck once, nor did I damage the truck that I'm aware of. The new additions have performed well and I'm getting quite quick at putting the tent up and clearing it away.

A superb visit, worth all the driving which is not so bad in an 80 with air con. :)

Many thanks to Clive for getting my seat cushion changed and washing my truck off. :)

The pleasure was all ours Rich. Glad you enjoyed!

I was concerned that your "pride and joy" might suffer from some of the trials we put it through, but it survived with barely a mark, save some slightly modified side steps which I'm sure you'll have back in shape in no time.

Those "bumps" on the salt mine short-cut certainly tested driver and truck, but we all romped through them with no trouble. Shayne's 90 came through looking like an RC model, with all 4 wheels spinning and only 2 of them on the deck at any one time!

I spent most of Wednesday laundering, loading and unloading the washing machine, job done and shipshape. The perfect antidote to the anti-climax of an almost empty house.

Friday was Ana's day, so she wanted to be in Bucharest to party with some friends. We'd have gone there Thursday night, but Jessie (the cat) didn't come back home till gone 11:00 pm, so we went Friday morning instead.

Saturday would have been a dead day, so we got up early and did the Transfagarasan as Chas had missed out (as you did) when Shayne and Nick went.

It's still there waiting for you on your next visit :whistle:

Maybe I shouldn't mention it, but Chas's argument with the carprk barrier (near the tunnel entrance) left him a bit lighter in the wallet than I might have hoped... :icon-rolleyes:

Other than that, and it being a long haul from Bucharest, it was uneventful, so we're back at the house tonight and off to Bucharest tomorrow, ready for work on Monday :cry:.

Thank you Rich for all you did, much appreciated indeed. The CB has been fine since your tuning, my chainsaw is now serviceable and worthy of a good clean-up, and the drinks cooler "fridge" is now going strong on AC as well, instead of being stuck on 12V, like it was.

I need to thank everyone for the "last supper" and for all the kind gifts, Shayne for the new CB antenna (that I thought Rich had bought, so I never thanked you, sorry mate) and the stuff we can't get here, such as UK sausages, unsmoked bacon, marmite, love-heart sweets for Ana and a special thanks to Nick for all the Galaxy chocolate that survived the trip... :lol:.

What to say, back to the grind on Monday for me, next job is to see Chas' HMS Phoenix through the repair shop, coming out dent and hole free and a NATO shade of Matt green, all being well.

Thank you all for a blast of a week... :thumbup:

Till the next one, whenever it may be.... :handgestures-finge:

The trouble with having too comfortable a camper is it's far to easy to fall asleep while sat around waiting for the hours to pass , we woke up shivering and couldn't be bothered to BBQ so we went all Bear Grylls and heated tinned breakfast on the jetboil and called it a day :lol:

Hanging around again now as it's promising to be a warm day so may as well make sure all is dry before we pack up .

The pleasure was all ours Rich. Glad you enjoyed!

I was concerned that your "pride and joy" might suffer from some of the trials we put it through, but it survived with barely a mark, save some slightly modified side steps which I'm sure you'll have back in shape in no time.

Those "bumps" on the salt mine short-cut certainly tested driver and truck, but we all romped through them with no trouble. Shayne's 90 came through looking like an RC model, with all 4 wheels spinning and only 2 of them on the deck at any one time!

I spent most of Wednesday laundering, loading and unloading the washing machine, job done and shipshape. The perfect antidote to the anti-climax of an almost empty house.

Friday was Ana's day, so she wanted to be in Bucharest to party with some friends. We'd have gone there Thursday night, but Jessie (the cat) didn't come back home till gone 11:00 pm, so we went Friday morning instead.

Saturday would have been a dead day, so we got up early and did the Transfagarasan as Chas had missed out (as you did) when Shayne and Nick went.

It's still there waiting for you on your next visit :whistle:

Maybe I shouldn't mention it, but Chas's argument with the carprk barrier (near the tunnel entrance) left him a bit lighter in the wallet than I might have hoped... :icon-rolleyes:

Other than that, and it being a long haul from Bucharest, it was uneventful, so we're back at the house tonight and off to Bucharest tomorrow, ready for work on Monday :cry:.

Thank you Rich for all you did, much appreciated indeed. The CB has been fine since your tuning, my chainsaw is now serviceable and worthy of a good clean-up, and the drinks cooler "fridge" is now going strong on AC as well, instead of being stuck on 12V, like it was.

I need to thank everyone for the "last supper" and for all the kind gifts, Shayne for the new CB antenna (that I thought Rich had bought, so I never thanked you, sorry mate) and the stuff we can't get here, such as UK sausages, unsmoked bacon, marmite, love-heart sweets for Ana and a special thanks to Nick for all the Galaxy chocolate that survived the trip... :lol:.

What to say, back to the grind on Monday for me, next job is to see Chas' HMS Phoenix through the repair shop, coming out dent and hole free and a NATO shade of Matt green, all being well.

Thank you all for a blast of a week... :thumbup:

Till the next one, whenever it may be.... :handgestures-finge:

The side step is almost back to its original shape thanks to Nick's special gift of weight, expertly applied.

Slight confession, Shayne and I shared the antenna purchase in the end, but it doesn't matter really.

Hope Ana had a great birthday, I'm sure she must have.

No doubt we will hear about the (most recent) car park barrier from Chas in the fullness of time. :doh:Oh Chas! :violin:

Shayne is hatching a plan to make the Transfagarasan part of the inbound journey which seems a pretty good idea to me. I do have to take my hat off to him for planning the stops on this trip which have worked superbly IMO. Thanks for that Shayne.

Back through the tunnel this evening after a mooch round Bruges, chocolates will probably be purchased. :) Then its hit the ground running tomorrow.

Dry out tent
Unpack
Build drawers for work stuff
Load with work stuff
Start on the backlog of jobs.
Etc
Etc
Back on the hampster wheel!

Back