Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rustproofing, updating methods and products.

I saw this video last year. I didn’t find any other video with bad result from Krown spray. Could be some error in spraying or something else. All other blogs, articles and materials stated Krown is good in rust prevention.

I think he forgot to spray it myself Given the military did their own test while looking for products . I'm to busy to read it all at the moment but scroll down to page 10 .

file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/p526285.pdf

That's a file on your local computer mate, so that link won't work!

Bloody computers

Results of the 2006 USA and Canada joint study .

D7699B3C-065B-4694-B6A3-0C2EE17DBC6C.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Google this to find it

Defence R&D Canada – Atlantic
DEFENCE DÉFENSE
&
Review of Corrosion Control Programs and
Research Activities for Army Vehicles
Land Sustain (12S) Thrust Advisory Group Scoping Study

Well, whatever anyone says Krown is water resistant! I had some Krown drip off my Collie after having it treated and I've used a patio/path cleaning product with pressure washer and the marks remain :( the website says clean with soapy water but nothing touches it. Any ideas would be appreciated :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_20220212_162943.jpg
    IMG_20220212_162943.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 33
The missus reply when I told her about brick acid.... "Isn't that what you buy in a disco" :lol: (she really doesn't understand what we have to go through to keep our trucks and drives spick an span :icon-rolleyes:)

WD-40 and sand maybe .

Krown has to be some sort of silicone oil surely so wd40 should dilute it ?

Edit - Bilge cleaner is worth a shot .

While we're on this thread what are people's thoughts about covering the holes in chassis legs? On my "flakey" 120 there are a few 1-2" square holes from the factory, and unsurprisingly a good depth of mud inside the rails. If starting from a new, clean rail would it be better to seal them up, or are they needed for any moisture to have a chance of evaporating. I have to drive through a shallow ford every day so there is always water getting close.

Sort of replying to my own question but I stumbled on this. There was a class action in the US about Tacoma chassis dissolving. Toyota replaced a number of vehicle's chassis under recall, and also rolled out a set of chassis plugs to fill up (some) of the holes.

Rob, I too kept thinking what is the purpose of having holes on that chasis. There are no wires or pipes running through the frame so why have a hallow one instead of solid steel frame? Were cars always built like this?

My Morris Minor wasn't, and that was more than 20 years old before I had to start welding it.

Does the axle turrets corrosion problem not tell us that if it can get wet then it needs to be able to drain dry .

You'd need a LOT of plugs to cover them up too! When I spray painted the inside of the rails i covered all the holes best I could with masking tape and I seem to remember counting 70+ of them!!!

I'm happy with the holes because you can get the hose pipe in there, clean it out, lanoguard it etc. Shame its a full box and not a U shape for better access, but it is what it is!

For a given weight of steel, box section will be stronger and possibly easier to fabricate in a vehicle chassis scenario as you have 4 parallel surfaces to mount components to.

Back