Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rustproofing, updating methods and products.

I did use one of these prior to getting a covering of Krown at Dudley. Used ACF50 but its quite messy as you'll already know :oops:
I didn't use it for cavities but the end does unscrew so may be you can adapt somehow ….

Found this as well, might be useful

Last edited:

1640007475347.png

Ive always found paint/any product type electric sprayguns sadly lacking whatever adjustable pattern is used, without serious dilution of product. I think this is due to the fine atomisation effect produced. They just dribble and clog used neat
Aquasteel in particular when I was a big fan of it, kept clogging the nozzle and was a bloody nightmare. They want you to purchase their own spraygun.
I last used exactly the compressor type shown by Mick, but a cheaper non branded version in conjunction with Hammerite underbody protection with added Waxoyl after all prep and treatment.
Does a great job and the 360 screw on flexi gets into all the cavities, no drips and no clogging.
This gun screws onto the product containers (like shcultz) and would maybe spray other products, with the threaded containers cleaned out and re used.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Do you know what thread that is Shayne ? When I looked at your link it didnt say.
One of the reviews complained it was only 9" long, I would be more than happy with that.

I don't but for the price it was worth a punt because I can't find an alternative for my Clarke washer . The boss has me cleaning window frames and hanging new blinds right now but it should get a test fit before the end of the day .

Agreed, for that price if it was no good, it could sit in the garage until I used it for something else.

I've no idea until thread sizes on both are confirmed by any manufacturer details.
You know what a minefield that can be though with a lot of stuff. They make it slightly different to everyone else's so you are forced to buy from them. I think it's called monopoly and it's still a game !
Didn't that set Raj bought include a 'bendy' bit ?............. RAJ !

I just run a warm bath before laying down on the floor to get soaked with the pressure washer .

That's a really good find Nick. Although not 'bendy', it would do the job.
I think 1 of my quick release jobs is push and twist though, will have to check.

I'd planned to do it last week but the woodworking took up all my time. I got some aquasteel, the batch I got is like pva glue, not really really runny

The woodworking was a great project Nick, time well spent.

The Aquasteel seems to be questionable of late, not consistant quality.
I was always a big fan of it, but after the last batch, no more. It just didn't have the same results/colour change on rust as previous, although as usual, proper cleaning down and prep was done. I'd had It in stock direct from the company that makes it for a couple of months, so didn't bother trying to return it, it was very runny stuff almost coloured water, - tipped it down the bog Maybe it will prevent the water boards pipes rotting out !!
As I wanted to get on, I cleaned it off the underside load area I had used it on, and used Granville as per karl2000, similar stuff, much better product, (in my opinion).
It turned the rust black, on the first coat, something the aforementioned Aquasteel didn't achieve. The whole underside looked great with GGGGranville even before overcoating finish.

Back