Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

SAS 100 SERIES

Greg

Some of you guys know that we have been planning to build a solid axle 100 series :clap:
So today was pretty busy, a whole sh*t load of wiring removed and the IFS components chopped off the chassis :o . I'll try to keep this updated as it progresses but ........

Todays work
IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

:lol: :lol: :lol:

{admin: fixed those picture sizes for you}

crazy amount of wiring there.

Interested in how it goes :thumbup:

Update Pics

IMG_0258.JPG

Plating the Chassis Legs

IMG_0259.JPG

Spring Seats & Damper Mounts Fitted

IMG_0272.JPG

Aligning Engine In Prep For Making The Mounts

IMG_0280.jpg

Engine Mounts & Crossmember In

IMG_0289.JPG

{admin: fixed those sizes for you }

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wow! How long did it take to get the shell off?

I take it all of the AHC stuff's going front and back? You got any plans for the AHC pump?

I'm looking for a pump to play around with, i'd like to see if they can be rebuilt

I may be interested in the tortion bars if they going? and may be a sphere or two for spares

Greg

I've got some real BIG plans for my LC100 as I want to turn it into a Promotional vehicle for my one-man events photography company. That means a custom interior, custom paint job, a set of BFG All-Terrains, a snorkel, a ARB front and rear ends, a safari roof rack and some other bits and pieces. John Wildssmith not withstanding, it will be the dog's bollxxks when it's finally finished but it won't be anywhere near what you are doing. Personally, I thing you're stark raving MAD. A typical Englishman, if ever there was one.

John

Watching this with interest. Some nice work going on there :thumbup:

The body shell was put back on the see if there were any location problems with the front axle and engine mounts.....The hours of measuring, checking it, spot tacking the welds and re-measuring paid off it seems. Happy so far..

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Even got one of the tanks we had made fitted in there

IMG_0348.jpg

Apologies to those of you that have asked question in this thread, my visits are pretty seldom. Pretty much all the spares off of this have gone to new homes, however I should have a complete truck, although a bit more compact now !!, coming in for salvage early next year so will be selling whatever I don't use.

Now this is looking to be a NICE bit of kit, especially those BIG tyres. Good to know that everything fits. You can never be too careful.....

John

Greg

Could you please give us a bell (0208 376 3688) when you've got a few minutes free.

John

Back