Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Saturday 18th December laning in Wales

P.S. for Karl and Dave, this will be intentionaly more or less what you missed out on with Gav & Rob the other weekend ;)

Hopefully with a bit of snow & ice for added interest :cool:

Andrew Prince said:
I am a possible but can only confirm much closer to the time - parents arriving from SA to visit the next day, kids and parties and all that... :violin: And I want to do the "newbies" run to the Plain on the 11th, so I could be low on brownie points :shifty:

Any better idea if you're coming or not yet Andrew? I think Warren might be interested in your place if not? Just checking ;)

I'm pretty unlikely to make it, so if Warren or anyone else is available, please take my place :thumbup: If there is a vacancy closer to the time and circumstances work out in my favour, I would love to come along :pray:

If you could add me to the list and so long as nothing goes too wrong on the plains this weekend I am looking like a definite for next. I am of course happy to be bumped off the list if anyone who has expressed an interest prior to me want to go.

:idea: Andy & Warren - when you cats get together on 11th, any chance of you passing my roof bar to Warren to fetch up to Wales Andy? Maybe your bash plate too??

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gav, despite what everyone else around here says about you, I think you're one smart fella :clap: Good thinking - I'll do that, assuming Warren is happy to continue the shipping process.

Cheers,

Jon Wildsmith said:
P.S. for Karl and Dave, this will be intentionaly more or less what you missed out on with Gav & Rob the other weekend ;)
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Carnt wait, Just need a truck to get me off my drive for starters, then get me down there,and then get me back!!!!!!!!!! :think: This may be a mission. :pray:

Aw schucks Andy... :obscene-birdiedoublegreen: :lol:

I think it'd just be better all round if just come along to Wales as well as Warren!!! Worry about the brownie points next year... :lol:

karl wester said:
[quote="Jon Wildsmith":15g192b9]P.S. for Karl and Dave, this will be intentionaly more or less what you missed out on with Gav & Rob the other weekend ;)
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Carnt wait, Just need a truck to get me off my drive for starters, then get me down there,and then get me back!!!!!!!!!! :think: This may be a mission. :pray:[/quote:15g192b9]Oi, no messing about from you or veggieMUX on this one... :lol:

Ive been pumping veggie full of white diesel since mate and he is drinking it like mad. Yet another prob i crnt get to the bottom of. got my wheel wobble thats really bothering me tho at the min. :cry:

I shall need some basic details on this one, like rendezvooz points. I navigate by pubs as I don't have on board SuperMap or anything. Are we gathering on the Friday night anywhere for a beer and a braai. Or is everyone just getting stoopidly early and flogging themselves to the border on Sat morn?

I'm up for a freezing night in a forest for sure.

Chris

cant wait for this trip to come round fingers crossed we can sort karls out so we can have trouble free run

Hi Chris

The first meet point Jon has listed is just west on the A44 from SY23 3AB at the Bwlch Nant yr Arian visitor centre - you can't miss it if you're heading west on the A44 from Ponterwyd. But whether you'll be using this as your start point will depend upon what the 2nd group is deciding to do with the route, i.e. delayed start or running the route in reverse...

Looking on me map (& assuming I've got it right), the nearest town/village to the end of the route is Aberhosan which is about an hour from Bwlch Nant so if you are reversing the route, you'd want to congregate there I guess rather than drive over to it on Saturday morning... Decisions, decisions...

With regard to overnighting, I hadn't thought of a Friday night camp :doh: & I've invited my nephew now so unless he bails out, I'll be turning up on the Saturday morning... I don't think he'd be up for sharing a cruiser with me overnight... It'd scar him for life... :lol:

:idea: Karl & Dave seem to be planning a camp - it might be worth a word with them...

Cheers

Right, Well I do have Sat Nag so that'll get me to anywhere were there is tarmac.

Looking good so far, weekend warmer and I have my diff back from JW :dance: :dance:

Now if I can get my bumper back too....

Chris

Probably best if group 2 just goes half hour after group 1 from the visitors centre as it's easy to find and has a car park? If we keep in touch on the radio from time to time to make sure we don't bunch up into 1 group that should work ok.

I'm just going to drive over on the morning Chris, it's only about 90 mins from here.

It's not that it's very far for me Jon (couple of hours or so), I just like any excuse for a night out camping! Even in this weather.

Mad :?

c

Chaps, Having just returned from the Salisbury trip (great day out), I was fortunate to have the wife in the car for company but we both felt like we missed out on the banter and comments of the day not having a CB so am in the process of getting a few things together so that i have one for the coming weekend.

My question is. Would you be able to help me get up and running if i can get it all installed for the weekend as i take it these things are not plug and play.

Gav I have your roof bar and plastic under body bit in the boot for you.

Jon what are your plans as i hope to get away sometime on Friday and need to get the alloy from you and the spare fitted somewhere on Friday or Sat morning first thing if there is somewhere in the area.

Hi warren
Myself and dave biggs on here brought the cb that is reccomended on this forum under communications. It is a good cb in my opinion.
We havnt set them up mate. we just plug and played. And yes you are right, you do miss out without the cb in the car. thay are great :thumbup:

I am going to give 4x4cb a call tomorrow and get something ordered by the end of the morning so its hear by wed and I can get it in asap.

Back