Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Saturday 18th December laning in Wales

I shall be traveling over to the RV on Saturday morning, leaving mine about 7am. I'll be here on Friday if you want to call in for the wheel and I can direct you to the fitters I use, or I can just bring the wheel with me on Saturday and hand it over when I see you at the RV.

has a decision been reached as to whether to run the 2 groups in opposite directions or a delayed start?

personally id rather do a delayed start, but im happy to do the route in the opposite direction if thats what every one else would rather do. :thumbup:

im not sure if i will be able to bring my LJ70 as i think i cooked the clutch today whilst driving strata! :thumbdown:

if i cant get it fixed before saturday i will go in the hi-lux with my mate. :thumbup:

I suggested a delayed start from the same RV but it's up to group two and their leader ;)

Makes sense to me Jon. That way, we can all meet at the end and make sure everyone got out alive.

Chris

Yeah - plus it has the advantage that you can pick up any bits that fall off Karl's truck on the way round!!! :p

dont forget to look out for a n/s front mud flap on your travels lads :lol:

cheers gary

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How are those cable ties working out for you Gary? Still clinging on to the side step? :lol:

Will keep an eye out for you :lol:

That isn't very nice gav :cry: I've been sticking my arches back on, took rear muddlaps off. Got to swap radius arms if I get chance before sat as save thinks may b that. He had a drve of veggie mux but couldn't feel what I can :think:
Karl

I was only messing buddy - you watch, it'll be my turn to fall apart on this trip... :roll:

karl wester said:
He had a drve of veggie mux but couldn't feel what I can
You have the paranoia I had after our last trip when I thought the gearbox had tightened up!!! ;) Turned out to be cold gloopy oil 'innit'... :oops:

Hope you are getting him sorted

I'm revved up and ready! Just the milk to put in the fridge and I'm done! What? is it only Monday???

Chris

Hi All,

a delayed start for Group 2 from the same RV is fine. Looking forward to it.

I don't have to put any milk in the fridge - so I guess I am good to go :)

cheers

I can handle the pxxs taking mate. Always on mine and poor veggie muxes expence tho :snooty:

Minor update on this trip. Lord Muxley and GW have decided that they are going down on the Friday night to meet about 15.00 as an advanced party. There will be a fire and camp somewhere nearby to the RP at the visitor center. Anyone wishing to join will be welcome as will their beer and smokes.

Chris

Just so I know could we do a review of who is coming and which group they are in with an estimated departure time and location just so I know.

Chris I might catch up with you for the evening...don’t smoke but happy to bring a few beers along if all works out well.

Dress warm people as it looks like its going to be -11 on Friday with the potential for some snow.

Should be fun touch wood I can’t get back for Monday in the office...I am sure something can be arraigned :p

The groups are listed on the first page of the thread Warren - no-one has indicated pulling out as yet so I presume the lists are still accurate :cool:

Jon has posted times & locations for the Saturday meet point; we're going to use this as the meet point for Friday campers too

The plan is to try & find a nice spot in the woods along the route we'll be taking on Saturday that Rob & I drove through when we did the route a few weeks back after Jon's last day trip. If we can get together around 3pm, that will give us an hour or so daylight to find a good spot via the wee yellow roads :)

I suggest all Fridaynighters pass on mobile numbers via pm in case of delays...

Aye, the temperatures look to be pretty low for us :cool:

Looking forward to it gents :cool:

Thanks Gav

Just so i know are most people sleeping in their cars and if so do you leave a window open just a crack to stop condensation or what is best.

I dont fancy pitching a tent for a night in the rain/snow and i have a blowup matress that will fit in the car.

Two groups, 5 per group and 10 people going - my maths is saying you're full ? When would the next run potentially be?

I think Ben mentioned he wasn't sure if he'd be coming in his own truck or his mates? If Ben lets us know about that there might be a place free.

my truck is fixed. but my mates hi-lux is broken, so hes jumping in with me.

so i think theres 1 more place left?

we will be driving over saturday morning. :thumbup:

just to confirm were meeting at the visitors centre a few k's west of Ponterwyd at 9am (SN 71805 81324) :?:

can i have a phone number or 2, just in case anything goes wrong on the way and im not able to get there please. :thumbup:

Back