Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Saturday 18th December laning in Wales

Bloody hell andrew hes driving a massive 80 with lift kit,35inch sxxt hot tyres,With all lockers working and last of all,i nearly forgot the thong!!!!!!!!! And hes worrying about a little bit of snow. I carnt wait. The more the better!!!!!!!
karl

defiantly bring a shovel, doesnt matter what truck your in!

i went laning last year, and up on the Long Mynd near Church Stretton there had been a lot of snow.

we found that it wasnt possible to open any of the gates, without first digging a load of snow out of the way! :thumbup:

Good point Ben. Right you are on shovel duty! :lol: :lol:

Seriously I hadn't thought of that. I have a shovel on the roof anyway. Well, got to have something to cook the bacon on. Mmmnnn.

Missus thinks we are nuts. She's blooming panicking already. Had to tell her all sorts of lies. Like we know what we are doing, we in a convoy of the best off road vehicles in the World, we have a great leader in front, we have all the equipment that you could need, food, water, heating, navigation, comms and it's all prepared to the last detail.

Well I was going OK and she was buying until I mentioned the great leader.. Sorry Jon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But when I said Gav would be there to .........

Chris

Sorry boys :thumbdown: - I've pinged Jonnie to let him know that he may just be in luck after-all :) I've got called in to cover illness. Gutted.

I now have to find a use for this brand new CB radio and suction cup video mount. :evil: ..........And breathe.

Chris said:
Well I was going OK and she was buying until I mentioned the great leader.. Sorry Jon

But when I said Gav would be there to .........
So what time do you have to sneak out now then Chris?? :lol:

I'd just like to let you all know that my collection of shovels are packed just in case the gritters can't make it through so we should be okay... :obscene-birdiedoublered:

I'll be heading off around 12:30 tomorrow once I've got me P45 from the boss. Muxley is loaded up with a few bags of wood, a few bottles of 'sustenance' & a sleeping bag so we're good to go :D

Anyone who wants mobile numbers given or to give, pass them on before then :cool:

Off to cook me tea now

Have you been showing her GPS tracks of my navigation then Chris :lol: If there is proper deep snow then I will miss out a couple of the places where on a dry day all is well but there's a very long steep drop a couple of feet away that we wouldn't need the air ambulance out for if anyone went over even in a cruiser.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
Have you been showing her GPS tracks of my navigation then Chris :lol: If there is proper deep snow then I will miss out a couple of the places where on a dry day all is well but there's a very long steep drop a couple of feet away that we wouldn't need the air ambulance out for if anyone went over even in a cruiser.

would that be on happy valley?

when i last went up happy valley there was one bit which was a bit scary, as the track wasnt very wide, with some rock steps to get up, and a very big steep drop to the one side! :?

Sounds like the pheasant pen steps?

I shall wait until Postie comes tomorrow about lunchtime and if she has tax disc or not, I shall be leaving then. Gav, I have a spare shovel if you want me to bring it.

Actually Jon, the only thing that calmed her down was when I mentioned that you were leading!

If it all goes wrong, we can just stop off at Tom's Farm on the way back and go mental off road.

Chris

defiantly not pheasant pen steps, thats a fair few miles south of happy valley. :)

urm, they on the Wayfarer? I just followed some bloke in an 80 when I did them.

Chris

Chris said:
Sounds like the pheasant pen steps?

I shall wait until Postie comes tomorrow about lunchtime and if she has tax disc or not, I shall be leaving then. Gav, I have a spare shovel if you want me to bring it.

Actually Jon, the only thing that calmed her down was when I mentioned that you were leading!

If it all goes wrong, we can just stop off at Tom's Farm on the way back and go mental off road.

Chris

are pheasant penn steps open now or is it still waiting for repair :?:

Sorry for the hijack

Has anyone got any GPS way point or tracks i could have load and play with for Saturday?

near the Wayfarer Chris yes. usually i drive the wayfarer, then splashy lane, and then turn right and come down phesant pen steps.

the wayfarer has a TRO on and is still closed. must be over a year now! :thumbdown:

i think pheasant pen steps has got a voluntary TRO, as its very muddy and churned up. :)

Right, looks like Tom's Farm then.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

C

Hi, I still want to come on Saturday, but I need a set of pads and a front disc. Karl have you got any old ones lying around? I ordered a set and they are waiting on the disc's. Typical! It drives but I am not sure there is much disc left. My wife used it for the two weeks of bad weather and never mentioned there was a grating noise from the front left. I come to find metal fillings all over the hub.

Karl I will ring you in the morning. You going down early sat?
Jonnie

Think I'm goin down tomoz jonnie. Ring me early and I'll try and sort you some parts out. It's normally me that leaves stuff untill the last min. Save will b coming down early sat mornin if I go tomoz. Nice for u both to head down together.

Cris, show me pic tomoz thanks mate.

Gav, can u bring me two shovels one foe each hand. And a small one for pop.

Ben, I'll bring bits with me.

Karl
Weather is saying mega bad :dance: :clap:

If it's *really* bad we probably won't get as far as happy valley so we won't have to worry about that :) The particular lane I'm thinking of is near nant-y-moch and is just a longish flat track across the side of a hill but if were were having to ram our way through deep snow it would probably be best given a miss. When there's no snow you would hardly notice the drop but you'll notice it if you can hardly tell which bit is the track :mrgreen:

Man, I'm jealous :evil:

Got a work do on that i can't get out of on sat night. Hate. Would much rather be mucking about on the snow with you fools.

Anyway hope you guys have fun. Make sure you take plenty of pics.

Cheers
Ryan

Back