Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Saturday 18th December laning in Wales

very much looking forward to it. :thumbup:

leaving mine at 6.25am, i must be mad! :lol:

right I give up!
SN 71835 81309

what does this mean? I have tried Os maps, I have tried my GPS, my iphone and nothing seems to recognise this format.
Sorry for being dim but its annoying me now.. Jon?
explain
Jonnie

It's an Ordnance Survey grid reference but the simplest thing is to head for the visitors centre on the main road a few miles west of Ponterwyd, big sign post when you get there. I'm off to bed now, see you all in the morning.

oh i found that, but I downloaded the Welsh OS map for my phone and it asks for the format XXNNNNNN? anyway we can discuss this tomorrow
jonnie

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Travel safe fellas. I just got from the lake district. Stopped at Lancaster services for a few hours kip. A few inches there but the run into Manchester on the m61 was entertaining to say the least. There was a mahusive tailback on the other side due to stuck trucks on an incline.

I had to concentrate really hard at times running down the outside. Truck was impeccable as always but the ice under the snow is making it tough going for the rest of the world. Perhaps not so bad for the cruisers but there's a lot of other poor souls who might be clogging up your routes to the playground

Observation for the night - how many people don't know how to drive in snow, and are in the wrong vehicles.

Be safe and have much fun.

I wonder how the intrepid campers are doing this morning? Must have been a cold night in the tents...

Safe travels to all - and ENJOY the snowy conditions :thumbup:

Andrew Prince said:
I wonder how the intrepid campers are doing this morning? Must have been a cold night in the tents...
I've just been thinking the same things as I've been whatching the BBC News about all of the bad weather :shock: Brrrrrrrrrrr....... :!: Think I'll chuck another log on the fire in case it goes out :D They've been saying it's heading towards to coldest December for 100 years :!:

Good luck to you all :thumbup: Be carefull, drive slow & don't take any risks :naughty:

Ben don't forget to tell them what happened to Ezzo last year as the conditions are starting to remind me very much of his trucks demise :)

Yes we are alive and heading home. A very poor start for a couple of us. Me being one of them. Lost my keys in the snow! Karl and save managed to TWOC my landcruiser in under an hour. No steering lock no ignition and some extra wires.
Have to say sorry to warren for his wasted day. Sorry pal. Pics of what we managed to follow

Had a message from Warren - group 2 which he was on had a few breakdowns (no names given :? ) and had some winching to do too, so not a huge amount of territory covered.
Sounds like some stories to be told :whistle:

Update: Just spoke to Gav - everyone has called it quits and is heading home. He'll be along to post some pics and tell the stories, so I won't spoil it by repeating the 2nd hand version :mrgreen:

Home safe and sound, once I have had a shower and a beer I will post pics.

The AA put Reinhard in a B&B for the night, couldn't get a local operator to lift him so they'll send a truck for him in the morning.

Jon Wildsmith said:
The AA put Reinhard in a B&B for the night, couldn't get a local operator to lift him so they'll send a truck for him in the morning.

Come on Jon, what happened then?

I was feeling very jealous on Thursday night seeing a trip to remember unfolding, but serious work problems + wife stopped me from trying to blag a last minute trip.

Jon Wildsmith said:

Bugger! What happened?

just got home. :thumbup:

apologies for my late arrival this morning. :oops:

i left at 6.30am and the drive there was treacherous to say the least, 12inches of snow in places, and 20mph most of the way. :roll:

despite the break down, and the lost keys, i still had a good day and it was nice to meet you all. hopefully next time we will get more lanes done, but i did really enjoy the 1 lane we did! :clap:

now wheres all the pics? :thumbup:

First of all thanks again for sorting it out jon. It was great.

Veggie mux made it there and back with no probs.YYYEEEEEEEPpppIIIIIII

I will post pics when i get sorted . Mainly the pics are just white white and white,Snow and lots of it.

The camp was great. Had a big fire that kept us nice and warm. Warren found us ok so thet was good and nice to meet you mate,same to the other new faces i hope and sure we will meet up again soon.

Had a sxxt hot weekend, Few slides off the tracks?????? :whistle: :whistle:

All part of the fun, everyone safe and no damage so all good

cheers lads yet again

karl

Just back. Having a nice cold beer from the fridge. Truck behaved perfectly. Thanks to Dave and Karl for stopping me from sliding off the edge of the track and off into oblivion, probably in my roof! And Guys, remember what happened in the forest last night stays in the forest ok?
Thanks to Reinhard for leading and giving my winch a work out. Hope you get OK mate.

You want PICTURES????

Hmm. Might have another beer first

Chris

Back