Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Something to be aware of.

Roger Fairclough

Lost 3rd-4th gear in Wales.

Drove home on 1st/2nd and 5th.

Removed gear lever and It's housing.

Bottom g/lever mounting bush had disintegrated to a thousand or so pieces and a few of them had jammed the selector rod.

Ordered new part at 11am and picked it up at 2pm.

Cost £55 but I did get a cup of coffee and a biscuit.

Roger
P9090180.jpg

P9090197.jpg

P9090199.jpg

Yep, but coffee and biscuit was £45......

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Roger Fairclough said:
Cptsideways said:
The plastic bush is £10 from Toyota, thats all you needed !

I was told that I had to buy the complete unit!!!!!

Roger

33505-35020 is the part number, generic to almost all 80s-90s toyota manual transmissions.

Or Marlin Crawler do an uprated one thats quite a bit tougher for about the same cost

Cptsideways said:
Roger Fairclough said:
Cptsideways said:
The plastic bush is £10 from Toyota, thats all you needed !

I was told that I had to buy the complete unit!!!!!

Roger

33505-35020 is the part number, generic to almost all 80s-90s toyota manual transmissions.

Or Marlin Crawler do an uprated one thats quite a bit tougher for about the same cost

Cheers, I'll take this up with Toyota at Bromsgrove.

Roger

Funny same thing happened to me, I got my info of the internet, and the guy told you in the write up they will try and tell you to buy the hole lot, so I printed it out, and took it, in with me, and the dick head at toyota still said no.

So went to another Toyota dealer, and the young fella said ha I no what you need, I did mine last weekend, so it pays to shop around. Man she shifts like a new gear box now, I guess you just don't feel it wear out till its to late

roscoFJ73 said:
Never seen them do that before :( Can the little bits fall into the gears? Did you replace the nylon bush at the end of the gearstick?

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_1995_T ... _3312.html

I have just replaced all the transmission oils and there was no sign of any bits of plastic in the old g/box oil. The position of the g/lever seems to stop the bits from falling into the box.

Roger

I queried the sale of the housing against the bearing only. I mentioned the part number.

The response was that although the number was correct, the chassis number I gave them---this was correct---did not correlate with the number. It only came up with the complete housing.

Any comments?

Roger

I take it it's the white one for my KZJ70 ? Maybe easier than going to Toyota and then back again if they don't have it in stock!

All done! Thanks for the info on here! Cost me a tenner and done in half an hour, now I have all gears back nice and smooth :)

Toyota told me a short in the indicator stalk which was putting my headlights out could only be repaired by replacing the whole squib . I took it apart and just swapped the indicator stalk and problem solved .

Back