Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spring Spacers

L18 CGL

Garage
I am running TJM aka bone shaker 2 inch lift at the minute but winch bumper + sliders have robbed me of some vital clearance! I don't really want to fork out for new springs and also after 2 inch the load rate seems very limited. Looked about at packers but not sure about how they would last. I had an old rear axle i scrapped and cut the spring seats out of it and I remember seeing pics of Mr Smith's OIL car with welded in front spacers.

Question is how durable are the likes of Ironman 50mm packer? Or is anyone running weld in spacers if so can someone post a pic or 2 to steer me in the rite direction?

You might as well buy spacers or taller springs these days, I went the weld in route because at the time there wasn't anything else on offer. The front and rear were both cut and raised.

50mm packer would probably be the best route but was curious as to how durable they are after a year or 2?

Can't answer that from experience but I'm sure they're designed to last longer than a year or two and there are lots of people using them in one form or another.

Dont know how clear this pic is ,but i made two spacers for mine.
landcruiser016.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Geo-smc did you make them yourself or are they metal-tech ones?

Hi,that pic is not mine,but i made them exactly the same,all you need is to mark off a piece of cardboard the same profile as the bumpstop end then have four pieces of 6mm flat plate metal cut.
you then cut two pieces of round tube the size you want the lift to be and weld all together..

Back