Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

strange starting problem

Not for me Mark i'm struggling to accept a double din that will interrupt my music to give me directions its just difficult to find space to keep everything separate and tidy .

Last edited:
That is rather neat and I like the idea I can put a input into my double din screen that I already have... However, by doing this it means I cant multi task like listening to music whilst monitoring the engine. Not sure how I feel about this...

It has ticked all the boxes though and has a lot of sensor inputs. Well thought through. For the price though, I'll rather get something similar to what Shayne has.

If you look at the glowshift ones the needle gauge can be boost or temp and the double digital readouts can be either and i'm thinking they are just re-badged sgear .

I found mine on alibaba or something similar and after a few emails was redirected to here http://www.spacegear.com.tw/products/list.php?cid=190&f=139

Last edited:
Hmmm, just had a look at the Zadatech site and I'm really quite liking this idea. The prices TBH are not bad at all.

Their independent units look like a reasonable alternative or the 6 gauge one can be fed into an independent screen, say one for the gauges and a reverse camera for example. That would enable music as well as gauges and reverse camera too.

Just a thought.

Hmmm, just had a look at the Zadatech site and I'm really quite liking this idea. The prices TBH are not bad at all.

Their independent units look like a reasonable alternative or the 6 gauge one can be fed into an independent screen, say one for the gauges and a reverse camera for example. That would enable music as well as gauges and reverse camera too.

Just a thought.

With using the independent screen would you not need to feed it into either a RCA/HDMI input into the screen? Wouldn't this mean switching sources on your stereo therefore changing from say "music" source to "external input"?

No, I think I didn't explain that too well. The gauge input box of tricks is made to sit between all the sensors and an hdmi or standard screen and would feed into the screen or a double din stereo. If you used a separate screen or the second input to a reversing camera/screen combo then it would function totally independently of the double din (or whatever) stereo. The only downside is finding somewhere suitable to mount the screen. But then you have to find a suitable place to mount the gauge(s) anyway.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ohhh, gotcha! Because if I could have linked my stereo double din screen to that piece of kit whilst being able to listen to music ect, and monitor the actual engine info I would be very happy! I guess it would work on a very high up double din unit that allows or supports multitasking or something similar to that.

The separate screen is still a good option, it's just I like when things look OEM in the cruiser. Now if I had one of those OEM accessory pods, I could put together a custom gauge pod or screen that would blend in well. Problem is getting hold of one!

There is a mass of wasted space under the ashtray and the stick gator is a fair bit larger than it needs to be , i did consider using fibreglass to box in gator to ashtray at about 45 degrees to house a number of clocks .

Just remembered yours is an auto so won't have a gator .

Last edited:
Well I had another excellent day. I had a slight weeping around one of the injector return pipes so it made sense that it was losing fuel pressure there when I turned the engine off. So I went about replacing the injector washers with some better ones and now she starts as she should, fires right up!

Also took her for a 30 mile round trip on the motorway and all seems well. I find I'm using less throttle for the same kind of speed I used to go. All looking good so far...

Anyone want a genuine Toyota 72 degree stat? I'm ordering from Anayama and it'll save a bit on shipping if I order 2-3 instead of paying over $20 on shipping for just one. Overall price for one would work out at $30. (20 British pounds)

I'll be back in the UK around June time so can bring it back as well, and post locally.

:icon-cry: bubbles in the rad :icon-cry:

She has been a touch hesitant to start recently nothing dramatic i just feel it should turnover a bit quicker and only when its cold out i do get some white smoke but she runs well and i was kinda hoping i needed a new glow plug but haven't had time to investigate . Just fired her up from cold now , removed the rad cap and sealed it with my hand for a few seconds to reveal rather large bubbles . I am not losing any coolant .

So where do i go from here ?

Last edited:
False alarm maybe i never thought to block the overflow reservoir so i just did the same test blocking both with my hands and no bubbles ?

As is usual having been started once today already there is no hesitation turning over at all .

Last edited:
Could it be just because it's colder and humid at the moment Shayne? Could be getting some condensation in the exhaust overnight boiling off once it's started perhaps. Mines been absolutely clear until recently when there's a whisp of smoke/(steam?) just after startup which clears quickly.

Probably is Richard i have a long held theory that warm air condenses in the intercooler when days are damp and nights are cold .

It may well do Shayne. But mines safely tucked up in a cardboard box in the garage waiting for me to work out why my engines vibrating and get it fixed. [emoji6][emoji4]

Last edited:
Mines hesitant to start Beau nothing drastic but it should catch sooner , i put the battery on trickle charge for 2 days and it fired up first time so i have ordered a new battery .

Back