Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sub Fuel Tank very slow

yorkie7771

Any one know what my problem is here . It take hours to empty the sub tank. Just before i start pulling the thing apart. 1991 gxl 1hdt australian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM 'chapel gate' he retrofitted the complete system so probably knows it better than most.

regards

Dave

What do you mean hours to empty? Whilst driving, by taking out the bung underneath or by siphoning through the filler cap?

Mine doesn't take hours when driving more's the pity. I have a pusher pump on mine so I can select sub tank, disconnect the hose at the filter and pump the tank out. Pulling the bung out underneath is the quickest of course, even quicker if you loosen the filler cap and select sub tank on the filler flap

do you mean it takes hours to empty the sub into the main? do you have the fuel transfer set up?

I thought fuel transfer was only on petrol models..

how long have you had the cruiser? when did it start doing this?

it should take about 15 mins to transfer the fuel iirc

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Had the cruiser for 6 months and always been the same . Had a petrol before for 7 years and was so much quicker. Maybe a worn pump ??

can you hear the pump working?

does it sound "laboured"?

Dosnt sound a great deal different to the old petrol i had

ok daft question first, you sure its a fuel transfer system and not tank switch over set up? ie draws from the sub rather than pumping from the sub to the main?

I would start simple and maybe think of a restriction some where first. there is a sock like filter in the sub the same as the main tank is this clogged up? pull a pipe off the pump and see if there is a constant flow of diesel. check the condition of all of the pipes for kinks or leaks.

I know nothing about them so forgive me for asking if its a stupid question but can it breathe to prevent a vacuum effect .

Iirc there there may be a small gauze filter inline at the pump. I have one on the bench will check when I have time

Back