Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Techstream - Mini VCI lead just died - anyone used VXDiag VCX Nano?

Did you test the old lead on another car? Goes on and on this one doesnt it!!!!
It does go on and on! The old lead used to work, then it stopped working. i bought the nano to replace it, and then another lead as well. the nano and the new lead using various versions of techstream all connect to the car. but neither will interrogate any module. i will check wiring in the obd port this morning and then see what is next. i appreciate your thoughts thus far.

The wiring/pins at the ODB port appear OK. i also swapped the OBD fuse for good measure. I have hooked up a carista dongle and can read the ecus, also using carscanner i can read data from the sensors. so at a loss right now as to what is afoot.

Last edited:
.... the nano and the new lead using various versions of techstream all connect to the car. but neither will interrogate any module. ....
Did you select the correct vehicle market, model and year in the settings, or do you not get that far?

Did you select the correct vehicle market, model and year in the settings, or do you not get that far?
I had done. i have just downloaded the virtual box with techstream from iha8mud. and with the new mini vci lead it connected, and had in automatically filled in model and engine - which none of the other versions had done. It also correctly interrogated all the ecus so I am pleased with that. It makes me wonder if the other versions of techstrem, including the one that came with the VXC Nano were somehow not right or perhaps I had errored. User error, replace user. The techstrem version 12 on the vbox emulator gave me different choices at the setup for the car. i shall see if i can install the stuff from the vcx nano probably after i get back from my travels next week.

thanks all for the suggestions and ideas.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Adrian out of interest did you used to have a 4x4 business in Bridgwater way?

Back