Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

the straight through crew.

A change of plan undoubtedly driven by excitement about getting my licence back, I gave her (the 80) a quick once over and presented her to the MOT station this morning.

Handbrake was below par but within limits, but I did get two warnings, slight wetness around top of engine, could have been shaky right hand syndrome when topping up? ;) And the second warning was the white reflective background on the rear number plate had started to fade in the sun.

So, that tells you a number of things, one use a funnel when topping the oil, replace a slightly aged number plate.....oh and just how ultra picky the inspection stations can be here.......and I am trade! :)

I did notice on my first foray onto the tarmac the AC is not as cold as it usually is, it was only 34°C this morning, and summer is on it's way. :openmouth:

Regards

Dave.

Last edited:
My 1992 (31 year old) 80 that I've had since 2009

A34BC5A8-1B9A-4830-AD27-4B24F08AFE01.jpeg

Had my 200 MOT'd yesterday - straight through, no advisories. I had fitted new front calipers, discs & pads (all genuine parts) last week, and did the annual handbrake adjustment :tearsofjoy:

Sorry not an 80!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice to see you back bating Dave.
Still can't thank you enough for advice on my air con after rebuilding the a/c pump. That was in 2015 !! Checked yesterday with uv light and no sign of any leaks. Not had to "top it up" and it's still quickly cold.

Nice to see you back bating Dave.
Still can't thank you enough for advice on my air con after rebuilding the a/c pump. That was in 2015 !! Checked yesterday with uv light and no sign of any leaks. Not had to "top it up" and it's still quickly cold.
Thanks for that Frank, great to get back on the road for sure.

Regards

Dave.

Here in Spain older vehicles are not exempt from the annual test.

My 48 year old 40 passed - although he didn't like the self parking on the wipers (maybe I shouldn't have been so eager to push the switch as they do not self park!) and with new rear shoes and wheel cylinders he wanted the balance checked - just an advisory. But they'd only done 60kms so need to bed in.

Rodger

Straight through again today. :thumbup: Just spent a few days going through the usual checks, brake linings, handbrake adjustment obviously and treating any rust with Aquasteel. Went for a quick "shakedown" run last night and bugger me if the RH low beam was out! It was a LED H4 bulb which had gone bad and blown the fuse. A hasty refit of the halogen H4's and all good, the inner main beams are also LED. I think I'll just fit some brighter/whiter H4 halogens and not bother with LED's as they haven't lasted that long.

IMG_2473.jpeg

Last edited:
My 81 just went straight through... does a steady 6000 miles a year.. Some advisories but will be having pre winter rust prevention with lanoguard. so will tackle the advisories then... :)

Another year, no advisories.

Tester said underside is good. He used to test a fair bit of imported Japanese and said 5 years of road salt in this country really do a fair bit if not protected…

68A44BCE-D15B-4336-BD89-E7466CE7E168.jpeg

Back