Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TLC HJ61 total reconditioning

A great bit of stitching there Oding, and that will be quite tough too, when you've done :clap:

Tough but still flexible.

DSC03257.jpg

DSC03255.jpg

DSC03256.jpg

DSC03259.jpg

DSC03258.jpg

DSC03260.jpg

DSC03261.jpg

DSC03262.jpg

Last edited:
Have sprayed the winch parts with epoxy primer. Need to cure for a day or two.

DSC03240.jpg

DSC03241.jpg

DSC03242.jpg

DSC03239.jpg

DSC03237.jpg

Last edited:
More great work. This really is a masterclass. Not sure I would have the patience, especially this close to the finish line.
Bravo!

More great work. This really is a masterclass. Not sure I would have the patience, especially this close to the finish line.
Bravo!

I think of just wrapping it up and go on a long trip with the family and enjoying my ride. But at the back of my mind, I know I did not do what needed done. I am what you call a bolt and "nuts", hehehehehe

The Mechanic .jpg

Got the winch painted and top coated.

DSC03264.jpg

DSC03267.jpg

DSC03265.jpg

DSC03266.jpg

DSC03263.jpg

DSC03273.jpg

DSC03275.jpg

Rollers was re-bored to fit in new bushings.

DSC03274.jpg

Last edited:
The winch is on re-assembly stage waiting for the oil seals to arrive.

DSC03276.jpg

Two shims were added to the brake pad.

DSC03278.jpg

DSC03281.jpg

DSC03277.jpg

DSC03280.jpg

DSC03282.jpg

New worm gear bearings installed.

DSC03283.jpg

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
While waiting for some parts to arrive, I decided to work on the door panels. Door handles will be painted after the test fit.

DSC03291.jpg

DSC03294.jpg

DSC03293.jpg

DSC03292.jpg

DSC03296.jpg

DSC03297.jpg

DSC03295.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent workmanship take my hat off to you for such a brilliant detailed job :thumbup:

Started the cleaning of the window glasses. Took a while to do one but I can see the difference. Good and not so cheap glass restoration kit from the UK.

DSC03300.jpg

DSC03301.jpg

DSC03303.jpg

DSC03302.jpg

DSC03304.jpg

Last edited:
Blimey, is there any glass in it :thumbup:.

what kit did you use ?

I was going to say, what glass? :shock:

I'm watching this, my windscreen has minute "crase" scratches on it, they're microscopic, but in certain light conditions, mainly at night in the wet with glare from the other direction, it's a PITA.

My nightmare!! I got the services of three auto electrician to do the electrical for me so I can work on some other area. All three of them failed. They could not even do a good soldered connection. So I decided to do it myself. Quite a mess but all I am looking for is a connection to the alternator as it was tampered due to a replacement from a alternator of a Nissan Safari. The rest of the circuits will be based on the wiring diagram.

DSC03305.jpg

DSC03307.jpg

DSC03306.jpg

DSC03309.jpg

DSC03308.jpg

Last edited:
That lot typifies my worst nightmare :lol:

Wishing you the very best of luck with all that, Oding :thumbup:

That lot typifies my worst nightmare :lol:

Wishing you the very best of luck with all that, Oding :thumbup:

crossed fingers.jpg

My confidence is a little low when it comes to electrical. But I just have to do it. I don't want to rely on some pretenders and might fry my harness. No guts, no glory.

You have the right kit, the right skill set and the right methodical approach Oding not to mention the wiring diagram. No need for lack of confidence (though I do understand), you'll be fine, just break it down into smaller jobs and you'll be half way through in no time.

You have the right kit, the right skill set and the right methodical approach Oding not to mention the wiring diagram. No need for lack of confidence (though I do understand), you'll be fine, just break it down into smaller jobs and you'll be half way through in no time.

Gotta say, you got to do what you got to do...

I hate auto wiring something about it just switches me off :?

I'm interested in the paint you use for interior plastics Oding , is it a latex spray paint ?

I hate auto wiring something about it just switches me off :?

I'm interested in the paint you use for interior plastics Oding , is it a latex spray paint ?

It is a special primer for plastic and vinyl. Examples are in the google search https://www.google.com.ph/?gws_rd=ssl#newwindow=1&q=primer+for+plastic
It does not really matter what brand, most important is the surface preparation. I usually clean with water to take off dust and other dirt then allow to dry. I then apply acetone before spraying the primer. I use a touch up spray gun to apply multiple layers of thin coats.
209460_SP_12oz_PlasticPrimer_White.png

Last edited:
Finally, the seals for the winch just came in.

DSC03310.jpg

Last edited:
Back