Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TLC HJ61 total reconditioning

Made me chuckle Oding, particularly the third photo, with the cover still on the car it rather looked like the side of a hospital bed (perhaps I've just got them on my mind at the mo) I think leave as it is. Whichever colour you choose it is adding a new one to the palette.

Got all bumper extensions, front and rear set. Time to finalize painting and finish installation.

DSC03390.jpg

DSC03391.jpg

DSC03392.jpg

DSC03393.jpg

Last edited:
The firewall insulation needed a little bit of repair. I took off the original fiber and replaced this with a double sided bubble type of insulation.

DSC03395_1.jpg

DSC03394_1.jpg

DSC03396_1.jpg

DSC03398_1.jpg

DSC03397_1.jpg

DSC03399_1.jpg

Last edited:
Now that the insulation is installed, the dashboard support is next.

DSC03402.jpg

DSC03403.jpg

DSC03400.jpg

DSC03401.jpg

A new dust boot for the steering column.

DSC03404_1.jpg

DSC03405.jpg

Last edited:
Now that's a lot of wires left,are they all for the fuse box?

Now that's a lot of wires left,are they all for the fuse box?

For the fuse box and relay switches. I have left it unwrapped intentionally so I can still check easily if there are still problems.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had the extension bumpers fastened to the bumper with carriage bolts and looks pretty neat.

The only downside of using carriage bolts (IMO) is after 5 years when they've rusted solid, there's no way to hold the dome while you spanner of the hex-nut on the inside of the bumper.

OK, you can drill them out and I don't have an alternative to offer, other than everything in Stainless Steel (yummy) :lol:

The only downside of using carriage bolts (IMO) is after 5 years when they've rusted solid, there's no way to hold the dome while you spanner of the hex-nut on the inside of the bumper.

OK, you can drill them out and I don't have an alternative to offer, other than everything in Stainless Steel (yummy) :lol:

I have nearly exhausted all possibilities to fasten the extension bumpers but the most realistic one is a carriage bolt which will still look as if it is original. According to Neil Young. one of my fave, "Rust never sleeps". We have to give up something and gain a little of the other. :icon-biggrin:

Perhaps smother them in copper ease underneath and you might just be in with a chance. [emoji4]

I have nearly exhausted all possibilities to fasten the extension bumpers but the most realistic one is a carriage bolt which will still look as if it is original. According to Neil Young. one of my fave, "Rust never sleeps". We have to give up something and gain a little of the other. :icon-biggrin:

Matters of this sort will always be a compromise Oding.

I can't believe you're lying Oding and I suppose that if there had been Land Cruisers in the days that used to be just after the goldrush, then saying rust never sleeps would be appropriate especially if you took the truck down by the river or drove it into the deep forbidden lake on your way to the cripple creek ferry. Rust really is the war of man when it comes to restorations, and you can only hope that it's not too far gone for transformer man to repair. It's a long process on your own when ten men working would be better and sometimes you'll be working from Twilight with tired eyes right through till the morning comes, I'm sure. Have you looked at the oil pressure sender and the gauge to check the needle and the damage done if there's not enough oil pressure? This truck is and will be a natural beauty when finished and one thing you have to remember is that one of these days it will be finished and no more will you be spending time away from your mansion on the hill. I believe in you Oding to finish this well!!

Just to name a few more tracks... :lol:

Last edited:
Ah! now I see, they are Neil Young tracks, I was thinking Clive has been at that Romanian moonshine again. :icon-wink:

Sorry Oding, but it's been a particularly bad week, and I was waiting for the printer to spew out a couple of hundred pages of report to submit, had 10 minutes of silliness drifting back to the hippy days, when you mentioned Neil Young.

My bad to spoil your thread.

Jack over... :icon-rolleyes:

Sorry Oding, but it's been a particularly bad week, and I was waiting for the printer to spew out a couple of hundred pages of report to submit, had 10 minutes of silliness drifting back to the hippy days, when you mentioned Neil Young.

My bad to spoil your thread.

Jack over... :icon-rolleyes:

If you talk about Neil Young, I am game.

What I did for the day.

The dash is aligned to fit.

DSC03415.jpg

DSC03417.jpg

DSC03414.jpg

DSC03416.jpg

DSC03422.jpg

DSC03423.jpg

DSC03415_1.jpg

DSC03417_1.jpg

Finished extension bumper.

DSC03419.jpg

DSC03418.jpg

DSC03420.jpg

DSC03421.jpg

Last edited:
The wiring is almost done. Got the engine running. Will post a short video on engine.

DSC03425.jpg

DSC03428.jpg

DSC03426.jpg

DSC03429.jpg

DSC03427.jpg

DSC03424.jpg

DSC03432.jpg

DSC03431.jpg

DSC03433.jpg

DSC03434.jpg

DSC03435.jpg

DSC03436.jpg

DSC03440.jpg

DSC03437.jpg

DSC03438.jpg

DSC03439.jpg

DSC03441.jpg

Last edited:
Looking like the finish line is in sight Oding. Looking forward to seeing it out on the road. [emoji4]

Sharing the new fuse box cover.

Below is the old fuse box cover that i can no longer restore. It is just a piece of junk.

DSC03474.jpg

The new cover with the sticker on. added the model and name of my 60. :eusa-naughty:

DSC03476.jpg

Nothing compared. :dance: :clap:

DSC03475.jpg

Last edited:
Back