Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Top Menu

Change or no change

• Total voters
I am guessing that since only 4 out the first 23 people to vote actually want the change that it is, correctly, a very low priority.

Last edited:
I guess the 23 votes are a reflection of the active membership these days... evidently the place seems to have lost its momentum and enthusiasm.

Clearly something has happened on the bridge that has left the ship drifting with no one at the helm :shhh:

I guess the 23 votes are a reflection of the active membership these days... evidently the place seems to have lost its momentum and enthusiasm.

Clearly something has happened on the bridge that has left the ship drifting with no one at the helm :shhh:

Face it, your opinion is yours others and don't agree. Try posting something worth while and I'm sure you will get a better response.
Also your poll is pretty insulting....... and btw I'm not a subscribed member I know that's one of your bones too.

.... Also your poll is pretty insulting.......
The insult was aimed at on one else other than myself.... I'm a big boy, I can handle insults and I'm pleased to see that 10 voters told me to stop moaning :icon-wink:

The only reason I replied to it last night was in responce to Crispin's post 2 over weeks ago:-
Thanks for the options Paul. I'll get to it when I get a chance. Promise, it's on the list.

As he promised it was on the list I assumed it would be done.... how long is this list?

Last edited:
We'll accept the result then, and stop wining.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Dude, forget it..... What's the major issue at the end of the day?
Charlie, as one of the original members here, I do actually care about the place.

The top menu is a mess, new folks coming here would be excused for thinking "WTF is going on", 7 buttons doing all pretty much the same thing :doh:

There is also other 'stuff' that is clearly being 'played with' that shouldn't be left for all to see, try clicking on the Media button for instance, that shouldn't be for public viewing.... then there's the Style Chooser that shows styles that are for CP use only.... I understand the need for development (albeit quite some time ago now) but, while doing so hide it from us mortals FFS.... it all makes for a very amateurish appearance.

If I didn't care I wouldn't pas comment or make suggestions.

I have a feeling what is going on here, and if it's what I think it is, it won't be good news for all of us.... I hope I'm wrong.

.... and breath :icon-biggrin:

I'd say its just the time of year etc.

The HUBB is very quiet at the moment too, there are only a very small handful of regular posts from those in the British Isles so it could also be recession dependant, more tax means less time/money for toys etc. There seems to be virtually no 'big trips' planned from the UK for next year.

As for the poll, well I am a grumpy git so there wasn't many options for me. Combine that with my aversions to change and my technological ignorance, well my vote was predetermined!!
:violin::violin:

I'd say its just the time of year etc.

The HUBB is very quiet at the moment too, there are only a very small handful of regular posts from those in the British Isles so it could also be recession dependant, more tax means less time/money for toys etc. There seems to be virtually no 'big trips' planned from the UK for next year.

As for the poll, well I am a grumpy git so there wasn't many options for me. Combine that with my aversions to change and my technological ignorance, well my vote was predetermined!!
:violin::violin:

:lol: That's me to a T :icon-rolleyes::laughing-rolling:

TBH Paul, I agree with you that the top menu could do with a bit of reconfiguration but as previously posted, the unread post button is about the only one I actually use hence my repeated requests to leave it alone :oops:

Perhaps a 'post filter' button leading to the selection menu you have proposed might be an appropriate refinement alongside the holier than hole unread post button... I hope you like my grammatical selection there :icon-wink:

Still enthusiasts buddy but sometimes you seem to wield a sledgehammer when a gentler lick may be more considered...

Now, CP vs the dark lawd... Well, that's another huge topic that's ended up with adverts all over the forum :icon-rolleyes:

:icon-cool:

The only button i ever use is "whats new" then scroll down to see if i've missed anything of interest . If i've been away for a while i click on my profile which shows me any of my previous posts on threads i might want to can't up on .

Bloody 'ell, my 3 month old daughter whines less than you Paul :| I said it was on my list, been away last two weeks working 12-14 hours most days and alter a menu is not really top priority...

All done now :thumbup:, just something odd about it selecting the wrong tab when you click on it.

.... been away last two weeks working 12-14 hours most days and alter a menu is not really top priority...
Where's your commitment... that left 10-12 hours a day for the last two weeks you could have sorted it :eusa-snooty:

Thanks for getting there in the end.

Well that is shite. How come we had a poll and the minority won? This forum is going to ruin when people just shout the loudest to get what they want.

Well that is shite. How come we had a poll and the minority won? This forum is going to ruin when people just shout the loudest to get what they want.
It was an addition to the menus already there. What's the problem? It was also asked before Paul threw his toys and did the poll.

Quite agree Chris, I always thought it was majority rules. :think:

Well that is shite....
Why is it shite?... all the options are still there it's just more user friendly now :thumbup:

Chas, last night you said the only button you use is the Unread Posts one which is still there.... it could have been moved into the drop down menu but it wasn't.

Last edited:
I hate change unless it's the change I want. I now have to do an extra click which I have calculated over a 1000 year period will now take me an extra 14.3 seconds of my life and I resent that. I didn't vote for there therefore it is wrong. Democracy only works when you get the result you want.

Back