Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tough Dog UK distributors?

kevsta

anybody know of a good one? I don't just want what they happen to have lying around I want access to the full range of 80 stuff.

Ive emailed a couple in the past and they havent even bothered answering. any leads muchly appreciated.

I got mine direct from Oz. Their preferred Euro distributor is French I think. Some on ebay as well

thanks Gary, that's what I'm working on at the moment with one of the ebay 4wd shops there, just thought it was worth a final check i hadnt missed anywhere

how do you like it?

They were for a 120 and certainly did what they said they would. I was disappointed in the finish though as they arrived not looking their best and it wasn't long before the Scottish road salt got to them ..,,

ok, thanks. no salt here, (ell except the big pile we have to send to you in the winter sometimes) but is kind on cars here, weather-wise anyway, so thats ok.

did you have the adjustables?

Yup went with the adjustable. If you search around I think there's a set just been fitted to an 80 series here

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I got mine from Euro4x4parts - came through the post 3 days later from France I think. As for the shocks only fitted them a few days ago. Got the big bore adjustables - set them at the lowest setting, but probably need a notch or two with full overland weight - ride seems pretty sweet but haven't really tested yet. Do a search on "hedgehog" in overland builds for some photos

Hi Steve

Ive been looking a euro4x4 too, but they only have a limited range on the website and many of the parts say 2 months wait anyway so presumably they just have to order them from Aus.

did you buy parts off their "shelf" as such or were you asking for a special set up? I want 75mm front (+150kg) and 50mm rear lift + 300kg full kit with castor/brake lines etc, and am thinking about 45mm adjustables.

I called someone up there (euro4x4) a year or so back and was unimpressed with their product knowledge, Im thinking I have a better chance of getting the correct set up from the Aussie boys who do it all day long, but if thats not correct and euro4x4 have access to the full range then maybe they are worth another call?

Euro4x4 also seems quite expensive, but probably not after Ive paid postage and import duty on top lol

Hi Steve

Ive been looking a euro4x4 too, but they only have a limited range on the website and many of the parts say 2 months wait anyway so presumably they just have to order them from Aus.

did you buy parts off their "shelf" as such or were you asking for a special set up? I want 75mm front (+150kg) and 50mm rear lift + 300kg full kit with castor/brake lines etc, and am thinking about 45mm adjustables.

I called someone up there (euro4x4) a year or so back and was unimpressed with their product knowledge, Im thinking I have a better chance of getting the correct set up from the Aussie boys who do it all day long, but if thats not correct and euro4x4 have access to the full range then maybe they are worth another call?

Euro4x4 also seems quite expensive, but probably not after Ive paid postage and import duty on top lol

I went with EFS springs and did a lot of research and sized them myself - you can see a whole lot of discussion about this on my Hedgehog thread - and some posts in the suspension section. I got those from Devon4x4. I only got the tough dog shocks (big bore 45mm) from Euro4x4 - at the time (3-4months ago) they carried what I wanted ex-stock. I only did the rear set-up as I'm happy with my front end. I have just fitted the shocks/springs and will be taking some photos later in the week and doing some updates to my measurements of lift. NB - I noticed that the same springs can carry a bit more weight on the 80.....than on the heavier 100. Beware of import duty.....and shipping costs - can easily add serious money for something so heavy from Australia

If you do go with EFS I can seriously recommend Chris from FNB4WD in Oz (Blown80 here) as he's an EFS dealer and his pricing is very keen ...

Back