Trolley Jack

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
springs, gauteng
at full extension the first and last option might just reach your axle ;) 320/370mm reach. Not sure what the ground clearance is for the 120 (LB is way higher!) but you might need a few bricks.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
springs, gauteng
Rob said:
Also stability is important so the bigger the base the more stable it will be

Doesn't really matter as you'll still be using axle stands for safety ;)
I've seen a few people (hazard of my mom's job) where people have been under a jacked car which slips off a jack...

Paul

I am in england
Mar 1, 2010
Southampton
Garage
A half decent wooden block on the top of the jack helps, can also be good if you are jacking under somewhere a bit questionable.

Don't underestimate a decent bottle jack either, we have been trialing an air over hydraulic jack in the workshops that seems quite good, takes up less room too.

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in uk
Feb 25, 2010
Goffs Oak
Richard Jackaman said:
I've got one of these ones
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/p...trolley-jacks-bottle-jacks-transmission-jacks

Good piece of kit. Bit of a beast to store if you're short on space though.

Cheers
Did see that one, but it's a bit heavy at 37Kg for the occational use....

Crispin said:
at full extension the first and last option might just reach your axle ;) 320/370mm reach. Not sure what the ground clearance is for the 120 (LB is way higher!) but you might need a few bricks.
Yeah that's why I asked, I have no idea how high I need it to go.

Paul said:
Don't underestimate a decent bottle jack either, we have been trialing an air over hydraulic jack in the workshops that seems quite good, takes up less room too.
Used a bottle jack on Lincomb farm, and it was good, light etc. For home I thinkI would like a trolley version as it does not need to be as portable......

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
Crispin said:
Rob said:
Also stability is important so the bigger the base the more stable it will be

Doesn't really matter as you'll still be using axle stands for safety ;)
I've seen a few people (hazard of my mom's job) where people have been under a jacked car which slips off a jack...
It does help when jacking on an uneven or sloping surface, like British urban roads ;)

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in uk
Feb 25, 2010
Goffs Oak
Jon Wildsmith said:
P.S. (not @ the OP) don't jack from the hockey sticks on the front axle on an 80 use the axle casing.
So showing my ignorance here.... what's the hockey sticks :oops:

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in zimbabwe
Sep 10, 2012
Edinburgh
Garage
TonyP said:
Chris said:
Tony, this one http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... sion-jacks did all the work on Lil Blue. Just for reference.

Chris
Thanks Chris, that's looks the job, just wanted to be sure that I could lift LB high enough, and if it worked for you it sure will for me :cool:

Chris - is that the one you have? Didn't think so - it's like the one I have - yours has a bigger saddle, and was much easier to seat it securely. Guess that needs to be taken into consideration too.

I'm not sure we need a 3 ton jack for the 90s and 120s - probably not even for the 80, but lift height is definitely important as is longevity :lol:

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in uk
Feb 25, 2010
Goffs Oak
Gary Stockton said:
I'm not sure we need a 3 ton jack for the 90s and 120s - probably not even for the 80, but lift height is definitely important as is longevity :lol:
Did you not hear... bigger is better :lol:

Chris said:
Uhm looks like the one I have. Maybe the top is different. Well it's very like it.

C
Well too late now, it been bought, and will be dropped off tomorrow :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks