Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Underbody protection, transfer case

Gavlad said:
Hey thats good news on the supply chain function - glad you like Les. Shame the bolts were a bit late... I'd have thought Kev could've waited a day... :p

Good stuff

All the power to Kev for this one. I didn't realise he was catching the train carrying two sets by hand on his way to retrieve his motor.

Hopefully I can arrange something with Andrew regarding the bolts if he has them.

Ecky Thump said:
I didn't realise he was catching the train carrying two sets by hand on his way to retrieve his motor
That is above & beyond!!! Kev - you are a loon, in the nicest sense of the word of course ;-) You're a class act fella!!!

Ecky Thump said:
Hopefully I can arrange something with Andrew regarding the bolts if he has them
He does... Six or seven sets, we're not sure...

Ecky Thump said:
All the power to Kev for this one. I didn't realise he was catching the train carrying two sets by hand on his way to retrieve his motor.
Yes, it was probably a plus for him that Paul didn't want his taken down too :mrgreen: Hats off to Kevin for his assistance!

Ecky Thump said:
Hopefully I can arrange something with Andrew regarding the bolts if he has them.
Yip, have the bolts sitting on my dining room table. Will go and count them soon and report back on the numbers :twisted: Been out shooting all day, so haven't been able to get round to this :cool:

Whilst you're counting stuff Andrew, are you going to re-count those brackets too ;-)

How did the cull go today then?? 'Ouzi nine millimetre' in action??

Cheers

The good news is there are 6 packages of bolts - can't say for sure whether the right number of bolts is in each pack though ;)
I'll go and recount the brackets shortly - still have to get 2 crates of unused ammo out my cruiser :twisted: Shooting was rather unsuccessful - 220 miles round trip for 9 shots :roll: My farmer mate insisted there were clouds of pigeons eating his newly-sown peas... The pigeons in his neck of the woods looked more in danger of becoming extinct than his peas! Still it was a great day to be out!

Bracket recount coming up....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oh that is so often the case. 'if only you'd been here earlier there were thousands of them...' Thats shooting.

But hey, when are we going to see a picture of these damn things. COME ON!! No, not the pigeons - the plates.

Chris

I also got my plate from Kevin today, I picked him up from the railway station to go get his car back, when he jumped in my truck I didnt realise that he had both mine & Les's bashplates & brackets in his bag, maybe thats why he was a bit out of breath, lugging lumps of iron about!!!!

No seriously though, many thanks to everyone in the chain from design through to manufacture, the relay down south & Kevins excellent delivery by British Rail which is even more beyond the call of duty than you would think, as he doesn't even have an 80!!!

They are an excellent bit of kit, very pleased with mine & will fit it as soon as ive got the bolts!

This sort of stuff is what clubs should be about

Thanks again every one

Andy

Well folks, the plots thickens :oops: The bracket recount shows that we (I) have the right number of brackets.(4 left, to go with the 4 bashplates I have). Well done Jimbo & Gav - your arithmetic wasn't too bad after all.
When I unpacked the brackets completely to make sure I wasn't miscounting, I discovered to my shame that the extra package is a pack of plates, which presumably sandwich the bashplate against the bracket :oops: So the bad news is that Les and Andy do not have these plates now...

I guess not having the bolts might be a blessing in disguise :idea: Now the elusive plates can be combined with the bolts to complete the package. My sincere apologies for the confusion and for not making sure the complete package was handed over to Kevin. Sorry guys...
Now we just need to make a plan to get the complete kits out to Paul, Lorin and Jim, and the plates + bolts to Les and Andy.

Cheers,

Better have a trip to the plain, then we can all collect them :cool:

Gents

A trip back in time is in order...

Kit component photographs:

DSC02672.jpg

The bashplate

29012010753.jpg

The bracket & loose plate

This was a pre-assembly photo.

The bracket has one long plate on one end & the short plate on the other end, all welded up as one lump.

The loose plate, long one next to the wing nuts on photo, is used to sandwich the chassis rail in between it & the matching plate on the bracket; the short plate on the other end of the bracket matches up whichever pair of slotted holes in the bashplate to suit you best...

So from the sound of it, I need to get an additional bracket made up - glad mine & Jim's counting ability is OK... It ain't Col because he's got no more small plates left so I must've been short changed by my profiler...

HE'S DEAD MEAT...

;-)

The Plain would be an excellent idea but I think it's ages before I could go. Can I wait that long without fitting my new toy :?: :?: :?:

Andrew

I am off next week so I could come up to collect if you are free at all :?:
I could meet Andy somewhere with his if this works out at all :!:
pm me if you have any ideas.

Just to add that I have 6 of the plates, so the correct number for the brackets and plates that I started off with...

Andrew Prince said:
Well folks, the plots thickens :oops: The bracket recount shows that we (I) have the right number of brackets.(4 left, to go with the 4 bashplates I have). Well done Jimbo & Gav - your arithmetic wasn't too bad after all.

*breathes sigh of relief* right, I'm off to edit my sig again :p :p

Collect your doctorate in counting at the door please Jim ;-)

Now when are we going to cut that snorkel into REX buddy???

Chaps, has anyone managed to fit one of these kits yet?

I can now offer postage on Parcelforces Express48 service - yup, 2-days guaranteed, tracking facility & up to £100 insurance cover, all for the princely sum of £12.99...

I've managed to bundle up 3 kits in between the Salsa dancing & sleeping but aim to get a few more wrapped over the weekend.

PM me with delivery addresses if you wants one shipping to you.

Cheers

Forgive the ignorance, but am i right in thinking that Andrew has my kit and i need to PM Gav with payment details?

Paul said:
Forgive the ignorance, but am i right in thinking that Andrew has my kit and i need to PM Gav with payment details?
Yes, you are correct - you just need to let me know how/when/where you want to collect ;)

Gavlad said:
Chaps, has anyone managed to fit one of these kits yet?
I shall fit mine either tonight or tomorrow - depends whether the booze strikes before I have a chance to get the spanners out this evening. :mrgreen:
If the kit does not fit, you shall be the first to know :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul said:

Paul

I am meeting Andrew some time soon to get my bolts etc. Tommo is coming up here so I can do some work on his motor next week.
Ideal opportunity to get your kit as far as Hill Head which is about 6km from you, if you are alright arranging a meet with Tommo.

Back