Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Underbody protection, transfer case

Presuming you are going to Landcruisers overland then, was going to give them a visit soon so i could come over next weekend to collect plate.

This is quite funny, somehow Jim counted only 7 brackets too. I was present but i did not count them, just to be clear :cool: .

Morning chaps

Picked your bolts up this morning - I have treated you to stainless bolts :)

There's two long ones for mounting the bracket to the chassis rail & two short ones for the bracket to the guard plate. You need to re-use the three bolts that attach the current guard plate in place on the autos & on the manuals, re-use the bolts that hold the plastic cross member in place.

I've supplied you with two washers per bolt & a shakeproof 'nylok' bolt which has a plastic insert in it to prevent loosening. These are supposedly one shot nuts but I have re-used them upon occasion so to this end, I suggest that you assemble every thing loosely so you can get the position right before graunching it all up tight.

I would also be careful when tightening up the stainless bolts because of the nature of the material, you can get the two threads binding on one another & locking the threads... If you feel the threads tightening before the bolt has bitten down on the plates, STOP IMMEDIATELY & carefully try to back it off. If it locks up, you'll probably have to cut it off...

You can get anti-seize assembly compound but a wee drop of light oil or any lubricant would probably help to prevent the threads locking...

With regard to the deliveries in hand, Andy can I ship six packs of bolts to you to go out with the plates etc or have you distributed them already? Could you let me know soonest please dude?

Rob, I'll send out a jiffy bag to you direct.

Bonne vivanche

Send the 6 (or is it 7 :roll: ) sets of bolts to me, old chap! Haven't distributed the plates yet.

Cheers,

Eggsellent - 200-weight of stainless steel bolts en-route to you this afternoon ;-)

Thanks Andy - sorry for the confusion caused here...

Gavlad said:
Thanks Andy - sorry for the confusion caused here...
No worries - just playing up on the miscount :mrgreen: Thanks for sorting the bolts!

Kevin, Andy and Paul - have you guys decided what you want to do re Kevin's offer to cart the plates down to Burgess Hill? Les, do you want to join in on that distribution considering you're close by? I won't have the bolts until tomorrow at the earliest I presume, so you guys might want to factor that into the planning.

Cheers,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Andy, Paul and maybe Les,
Kevin/Ignat has kindly offered to lug your plates & brackets down to Burgess Hill tomorrow. The only down-side is I will only receive your bolts for the brackets from Gav tomorrow at the earliest, so will not be able to pass them onto Kevin tonight. Are you ok with this? We'll have to make another plan to get the bolts over to you.

Cheers,

Andy,

I havnt heard anything about timings from Kevin yet, maybe you could bung my bolts in the post & I could either give kevin the postage money or bank transfer it to you???

Kevin,

Any ideas on timing for meeting up tomorrow (if its still on that is), failing that I could come up to surrey at the weekend

Andy

Many thanks to Kevin, who despite not being an 80 owner, has volunteered to take plates + brackets down South for Andy and Les tomorrow!
When I have the bolts to hand, us Southerners will have to use our cunning to share them out to the relevant people :idea:
:lol:

Cheers,

Gavlad said:
Andrew Prince said:
just playing up on the miscount

I still can't understand how it happened twice!!!

I'm sctratching my head over that one too mate, Rob and I counted them together :oops:

Not according to Rob...

Rob said:
This is quite funny, somehow Jim counted only 7 brackets too. I was present but i did not count them, just to be clear :cool: .

I thought 'Mischeif Night' was later in the year ;-)

I blame the 'woo woo's' for my initial miscount BTW ;-)

Thanks for doing the run all the same Jim - how did the off-roading go???

Cheers

Gavlad said:
Not according to Rob...

Rob said:

Cheers

WE counted them out of the box and then I counted them back in :p I was sure there was only 7 :oops: :roll:

Whaddon c'est magnifique - I'll put a post up on the original thread in a mo.

Jimbo4x4 said:
Gavlad said:
Not according to Rob...

Rob said:

Cheers

WE counted them out of the box and then I counted them back in :p I was sure there was only 7 :oops: :roll:

Whaddon c'est magnifique - I'll put a post up on the original thread in a mo.
I gave the impression that i was counting but wasn't really. :mrgreen:

Well, it's official then: On his 100th post, Jim can't count.

Apologies to all who have been affected by this grave mistake.

I'm off to edit my sig... *cue walk of shame music*

Insider trading tip for the night...

Having just packed one of the kits up so I can get prices for postage, my advice to y'all is to invest in 3M shares as I will be buying up the UK's stocks of brown parcel tape tomorrow...

Its like trying to nail jelly to the ceiling wrapping one of those kits!!! I'm exhausted...

Best way to pach them would be.

Put them in a binbag and cover with duck tape. That is how I sent wheels out and they got there ok.

Paul

YIPEE :!: :!: :!:

Got me bash plate, thanks to all those in the supply chain and Gav for doin the graftin :D

Looks super cool, just got to wait for the bolts now ;)

Cheers to Kevin, for stopping his journey at the services for the final delivery to me.

So you think my process:

1. Wrap plate with one whole Wirral Globe newspaper like a bag of chips with brown tape holding it together;

2. Sandwich wrapped plate between two sheets of cardboard, trimming & packing with more Wirral Globe as required, mummifying assembly with brown tape;

3. Tape pre-wrapped bundle of bracket, loose plate & bolts (all wrapped individually with Globe & brown tape) to wrapped plate with brown tape;

4. Apply bubble wrap to sharp edges of pointy bracket; adhere with brown tape;

5. Use industrial sized cling film roll to wrap entire package securely;

6. Tidy loose ends of cling film with brown tape toprevent unwrapping in transit.

is a little over the top then Paul...

Ecky Thump said:
YIPEE :!: :!: :!:

Got me bash plate, thanks to all those in the supply chain and Gav for doin the graftin :D

Looks super cool, just got to wait for the bolts now ;)

Cheers to Kevin, for stopping his journey at the services for the final delivery to me.
Hey thats good news on the supply chain function - glad you like Les. Shame the bolts were a bit late... I'd have thought Kev could've waited a day... :p

Good stuff

Back