Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Valet Parking Thoughts

Sam

Garage
Chaps... It's looking like I might have to leave the LC in a Spanish airport car park... for 11 days!

I have to leave the keys :o ... in case they need to "MOVE" it :shock: ...

Terms say they might need to move it ... "ON PUBLIC ROADS" ... :shock: :shock: :shock:

So question is.... erm... I don't really know what the question is. I don't like it.

Is it me? Making anyone else sweat?

Side of the road but with keys in my pocket? - or tucked away in car park but with some moron walking around with the keys wanting to "wash it" and "check the oil" for me while I'm gone?

Geeeeez... feels like I'm being asked to leave the other half there in her bloody underwear! :hand: :naughty:

No, it's worse... the LC 'aint nearly as tough :lol:

It's a no though right? The LC I mean not SWMBO...

Could you leave them a wrong set of keys and then when you get back say "Oops sorry" :whistle:

Just did the same with my lc as the volvo is on axle stands. I really did not want to leave them the keys especially with all that kit in the back. Felt the same way as you, I guess I'll know when I get back if it was worth it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

eek! ... I'm sure It's fine Rob - just doesn't feel that way :thumbup:

:shock:

I always used to make a big show of putting the trip back to zero and recording the mileage in front of them.

I left my fathers Porsche in once and they put over two hundred miles on it.

I still can imagine them in it, doing a Ferris Bueler.

id never leave my car in an airport carpark and hand anyone the keys. heard far too many horror stories. :thumbdown:

i really dont see why they would/should ever need the keys? :?

Edit: ive thought about it, and the only justifiable reason i can think of, why they may want the keys, is because they dont trust you to park next to some one else's car, without bumping it. :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Was the only way to park in new York. Freaky at first but defines the norm

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

They say it's because they squeeze the cars in like a car lot :think: and have to juggle them about to get them out again. That may be ok... but the bit where you sign to say they can move it "USING PUBLIC ROADS" is where I draw the line. It's a no no. Decided. Not having it. No. Nope. No no no. Mine! :lol:

Need to get an alarm like mine .

It's got anti hijack .
Give them the keys by all means but as soon as the revs go above 1500rpm it cuts out and the alarm goes off ..

only way they could drive or turn hijack off is if they knew the anti hijack code
And i certainly wouldn't give it them ... :D

Only way you could guarantee it'd not do any miles

It's a great alarm . I could give you the keys and key fob and say off you go . You wouldn't make it to the end of my road before the car locked itself , cuts out , and sets the alarm off :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

geordie_boy1978 said:
Need to get an alarm like mine .
It's got anti hijack .
Give them the keys by all means but as soon as the revs go above 1500rpm it cuts out and the alarm goes off .. only way they could drive or turn hijack off is if they knew the anti hijack code
And i certainly wouldn't give it them ... :D
Only way you could guarantee it'd not do any miles
It's a great alarm . I could give you the keys and key fob and say off you go . You wouldn't make it to the end of my road before the car locked itself , cuts out , and sets the alarm off :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Sounds good, what alarm is that?

geordie_boy1978 said:
Need to get an alarm like mine. It's got anti hijack.
Give them the keys by all means but as soon as the revs go above 1500rpm it cuts out and the alarm goes off ...
Sounds good. Are there other options than 1500 rpm? With an auto like the hdj100 has, you wouldn't move until over 1800 rpm if a bit of uphill, or on soft ground.

You can set the cut out on the revs to suit your car ..
It a clifford concept 650 with remote start and anti hijack
the anti hijack is really good . even if somone rips you out of your car at the lights and drives off it'l cut out and set alarm off ...

Works on the door pins once you've put in the code your fine but once a door gets opened it requires the code to be put in again ..
so if someone opens your door pulls you out and drives off unless they know your specific code they won't get far

I think you could have black jax fitted to any clifford even the bottom of the range alarms can be upgraded

Back