Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WARNING - do NOT use Adrian Flux

I didn't think that would work , i tried to copy and paste results from moneysupermarket while opting as best i can for as many relevant modifications as i can from the drop down list which doesn't even include a winch bumper .

Fluxdirect was the winner .

Do not use Adrian Flux for your modified vehicle, all the mods you give them when insuring the vehicle are NOT covered on the policy, just made a claim for my stolen winch to be told by flux that its not covered even though its on the mod list? All the goodies you bolt to your truck are classed as personal property, will be making a complaint with the ombudsman and fca, miss sold me the policy as far as I'm concerned, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!.

If that's the case there can be no like for like repairs either !

If that's the case there can be no like for like repairs either !
Spot on mate, the car will get repaired, but any mod or accessory comes out your own pocket, insurance companies are worse than the scum that stole the winch, at least you know where you stand with a scumbag.

Quick update, after much arguing and about 400 phone calls the underwriters have agreed to pay out, to be fair to Flux they did help with calls to the underwriters, I may have been a bit hasty with Flux when I wrote the original post, I was really pissed at the time though, moral of the story is make sure everything listed is covered and check the smallprint.

That's good news! Well done.
Good to update about Adrian Flux too :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Being completely honest, I think that I largely insure my vehicles to be legal and so that if I'm to blame someone else doesn't get shafted. OK so my white 80 was insured and I got fair recompense when it caught fire, but only for the basic vehicle. The rest I fought for on house insurance etc. If my overlander was nicked, destroyed etc do I think that all the kit even though listed would be covered?

Nah. Even though I have comprehensive evidence of what I've done to it not least through this forum and a 6 page article in Total Off Road magazine, I still think I'd get just about enough back to buy an 80 needing a lot of work. If I said to the insurer it's worth £50k then the insurance premium would be unaffordable. It's a chance you take. If it were stolen than that would be tough, but accident damaged would probably mean that there'd be a huge amount of recoverable kit that still belonged to me. This is what happened to the white one. I bought the lot back for £250 and gave them the body shell on a trailer.

I was offered with this years renewal a no quibble value guarantee in the event of a write off from Flux for about 40 quid a year , given my trucks insured for 8 grand it was tempting but they want pics and my trucks at the wrong stage of work in progress for me to be sending pics at present :oops:

Might be worth you investigating Chris .

Interesting Shayne. What was you premium over all, roughly?

I have three 80's all insured with the same broker and basically they're all the same premium. One highly modified, one older but standard and one worth considerably more and unmodified, insured for current market value. Barely a fiver difference between them. Maybe I need to speak to them more about the mods and overall value of the vehicles as they sit. My green one is due in the new year.

About 600 quidish this year with everything declared , even power increase though i have no tuning box :think:

Compare websites don't offer much better for bog standard .

Ooof. That's double mine. But an interesting comparison nonetheless Shayne. Ta.

Aye but from an insurance point of view i live in Aleppo , its truly dangerous around here just last week i read in the paper that a guy got arrested for shouting at someone not a mile away from my front door :shock: i'm scared to leave the house :icon-rolleyes:

Perhaps they want to know about mods just to assess any increase in risk to them. Just because you have given them a list does'nt mean to say they've covered them.

Because you have spent thousands modifying and upgrading your pride and joy that has similar performance to a 70 horsepower ford ka your obviously of very little risk to insurance .

Therefore they charge more .

As an addition to the Flux discussion, when Jan wrote off her XJ a few years ago, which was insured as a modified truck (4" lift, bigger tyres, etc), they accepted the claim and paid the original purchase price of the Jeep and cost of the mods (parts only, not labour). We had a bit of a discussion over fair value (basically because we got the original very cheap, as bought of a friend), but they settled the claim without much hassle.

Back