Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WARNING - do NOT use Adrian Flux

If it had not happened to me twice I would not have believed you :S

Found the problem though - seems Gary started two threads right after each other - one in Recommend a Buyer or Seller and one in Lounge.
We've been replying to the two threads which is where the confusion is ;)

I'll merge them in a minute.

There we go, all merged. Was confusing me somewhat :icon-question:

Sorry. Thought I'd put 2 posts up so it was seen lol

we thought we were going senile...

Hope you get it sorted with them!

Renewel time and Fux want £55 policy issue fee :wtf:

Who shall i call for a quote ?

Isn't that just their markup Shayne?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah admin fee but £624.98 is about the same as last year despite another years no claims so its worth shopping around even if it is a headache when you have a modified vehicle .

Perhaps Compare the Meerkat and find a sensible quote to go back to them with. All insurers add a bit on each year so it's your duty to find a better one.

Comparison websites proved pointless last year because its modified , some will accept lowered ie no suspension welded diff bmw's that are virtually guaranteed to crash but go upwards and they don't want to know .

Comparison websites proved pointless last year because its modified , some will accept lowered ie no suspension welded diff bmw's that are virtually guaranteed to crash but go upwards and they don't want to know .

Compare the Market just ask if you changed the suspension. Not how it's changed.

Compare the Market just ask if you changed the suspension. Not how it's changed.

That said, I just tried mine with changed suspension and it was *a lot* more than my current premium through the same site.

flux pissed me off so much last year (auto renewed my LR and breakdown cover on the LR which dint cover the LC so I had to pay £400 6 months after the fact when the LC got recovered) I rang round lots of companies that came up on google for "modified car ins" only one was competative with flux, that was Heritage, I accepted their quote, paid in full, then got an email 2 days later saying the underwriter had declined it on the value I gave it, would I like this other policy that was £200 more! So then I had to declare delined ins and go though an hours worth of bollox multiple times explaining it to everyone I tried to get a quote off, all were more expensive than flux so had to swallow pride and go back with them :angry-steamingears:
I hate insurance companies with a passion :angry-tappingfoot:

Compare the market was the one i used lots of quotes and phonecalls all ended with sorry we can't do it , my own fault maybe for making a rare and genuine effort to make sure i was 100% above board with people i don't trust at all . And now all the modifications are on the insurers database .

Thanks Gary i will see what suggestions come in as well as searching the web for ideas and choose a day in the next 8 to waste on the phone .

Both mine insured via 2gether modified vehicle policy. No hassle, dead easy and what I think to be sensible prices. They understand what modified means. Never had to claim from them but frankly how much faith do you have in any car insurance company.

Mine has gone down every year so far. Last year they tryed to put it up. I rang up and told the fella on the other end of the line how crap the renewal quote was. He said leave it with me and Knocked 70 quid off..

Been with Direct Line for the last few years as we have a multi-car policy with them, which includes all 3 cars in the household. Though mine isn't as heavily modded as some, all my mods are listed (pretty much as per my sig line) - so shouldn't be an issue if I need to make a claim. at last renewal it was around £300 quid IIRC - now due in Jan, so I be getting a reminder soon.......

• Insurer
    • Annual price
    • Excess
    • Insurance features and extras
      • Legal expenses
      • Personal accident
      • Breakdown cover
      • Windscreen cover
      • Courtesy car

• £ 547.94

• Voluntary £0
    • Compulsory £100
    • Total: £100

• Add from £62.00

• £ 627.00

• Voluntary £250
    • Compulsory £75
    • Total: £325
  • Add for £29.95

• Add from £54.95

• Terms & conditions apply

• £ 628.10

• Voluntary £250
    • Compulsory £75
  • Add for £29.95

• Add from £54.95

• Terms & conditions apply

• £ 631.40

• Voluntary £250
    • Compulsory £75
  • Add for £29.95

• Add from £5

I'm with flux, renewed in September and was pleasantly surprised it'd gone down! I've had a claim through them before too without problems.

Beemer is with admiral and that's cheap too.

Back