Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Weird size holes - how???

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
I have a stripped out hole / captive nut in a chassis rail where I have to bolt an ASFIR plate. So I bought a Memfast Rivnut tool (well, it's now justified now, right?? :lol; ). Question is - I need an 11.1mm hole. How do you do that accurately, or do you not, and just wiggle the bit to get a bit more chopped out, and hope the tolerances work out?

Cone drill bit taped to the right size? Like this?

atenu9e7.jpg

Last edited:
Still full of the Christmas spirit hey Gav ;)

I'll go look for one - preferably a left-handed one :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's got to be a joke!! If its not I'll be getting one :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ja - just figured out it's a 7/16" bit :lol:

Who've thought hey. Just goes to show what you can get :lol:

Now ordered!

Gary, they don't have to be that close. Either slightly bigger and it will expand or slightly tight and tap it in. I don't have an 11.1 mm drill and I have put loads in. Also - invest in a set of step drills, not that daft cone thing.

Chris

Have the step drill already, as per you recommendation, Chris. And £5.99 for the 11.1mm drill seems OK, so to avoid chaos and swearing I'll be getting one of those! I don't mind a difficult job - I do mind making it more difficult when I'm having to lie under the vehicle in the cold and wind :icon-cry:

I have all sorts of odd sized drills but I save them for special occasions and just wiggle the 11mm drill about a bit for rivnuts :whistle:

Back