Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What carpet/covering for shelves/drawers?

Lorin

What carpet do people recommend for covering things like draws or shelves in the back of their trucks and where would you recommend I get it from? My shelves are built of ply and need covering to look a bit more 'fitted'.

Marine carpet.

Heaps on ebay. :thumbup:

Helen and i were talking only yesterday about how her father always bought the best so it would last and we came the conclusion that to do the same nowadays is impossible as we live in a world of disposable products . If i were me i'd choose the carpet that looks the best match and put my trust in this stuff http://reviews.scotchgard.com/7027/CBGNBW011171/reviews.htm .

I used bathroom grade carpet tiles and glued them on

What Ben said. Just make sure the glue you use dries clear

Cheers for the suggestions. I'll take a look at the marine carpet options :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When I've done it in the past I found a hot glue gun and staple gun worked well to fix it in place. :icon-biggrin:

Another thing that can look good is fitting alluminium angle/checker plate trims on the corners afterwards. A bit like Black Widow and some of the other manufactures do on their drawer systems.

:thumbup:

Last edited:
u8unabud.jpg
ase4uje8.jpg
I covered my edges with some ally cappings finished the job off well

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I always use acoustic carpet. Like was said earlier everything is throw away these days so why worry about buying the best and paying three times as much when you can get cheaper and depending on how much use it gets will last just as long.

Back