Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What does it mean.....

Zeusv8

When the ABS and handbrake warning light come on when you're driving?

that something is wrong and you need to read the code to get a hint. You sure it's the hand brake light and not the brake warning light or maybe they are one and the same?

Abs and the red circle with exclamation mark in it. Stopped just before I got home and switched off/on and the lights didn't come on again but it was close to home so see what tomorrow brings ! Thanks mate

Abs and the red circle with exclamation mark in it. Stopped just before I got home and switched off/on and the lights didn't come on again but it was close to home so see what tomorrow brings ! Thanks mate
Had the same problem on mine. It was caused by a rubbed cable shorting out. It took some finding though

Started up this morning and lights were on. Drove to get petrol and when I started up again , no lights and did 15 miles and they never came on again... Sigh....

I have had a similar fault on another make of car, was caused by condensation on the sensors for the abs, went away after brakes had been used enough to warm them up.

Perhaps this is something like that?

hope it stays sorted ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The fault code should have been saved if you want to know what it thought was wrong.

If you get the audible alarm at the same time it means you have lost booster pressure. Then stop asap, preferable using only one brake pedal movement, as the braking power w/o booster is nearly non-existent. The alarm is not very strong, easily overpowered by the radio.

Thanks for all the help folks, much appreciated. It was raining last night but dry today so that may be the cause. No alarm Uhu but thanks for the tip. I'll borrow a reader and see if was the gremlin family again ! Cheers

Back