Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

what film are you watching tonight?

"The Wheel of Time" - on Amazon Prime. Amazing CGI but the tale drags a bit, I'm not at the end yet.

"The Book of Boba Fett" - on Disney+, a new episode each Wednesday. All of them I convert via Video Converter online and download to my Ipad to watch at coffee breaks at work.Its the latest part of the Star Wars franchise so those who have seen everything else to date will recognise the locations, characters and some of the plot. It helps if you have all episodes of "The Mandalorian" as well. Again, very good CGI but the dialogue is dire.

Bob.
What do you think about "The Mandalorian"? To my mind the whole series is so to say shallow. Don't you think so?

Last edited:
What do you think about "The Mandalorian"? To my mind the whole series is so to say shallow. Don't you think so?

I'm becoming less than impressed with "the Book of Boba Fett" - last Wednesday's episode was poor - just filling time. I have the DVD set of "The Mandalorian", which was OK but nothing like as good as the original Star Wars films. Shallow ? yes, its lost the edge, they are just going through the motions.

Bob.

Ahhh don't, I am saving that for a bing watch when they have all been released..

Ahhh don't, I am saving that for a binge watch when they have all been released..
Just sit back and enjoy it - I'm just a grumpy old f@rt these days :doh:.

It never pays to over-analyse these 'Escapism' films :icon-wink: .

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well not night. Early morning watching Rescued by Ruby.

Rambo last blood

A good premise spoilt by lazy writing , a very short story climaxing in a choreography violence wholly dependent on his enemy being completely brain dead before they get dead .

Loosely based on Shane or Pale Rider .

Made me want to write my own version of Rambo's final battle .

Reactions: Raj
First Blood was a good movie a whole mess of conflicting right and wrong , but after that the fixation was on a cartoonish mr killing machine :icon-rolleyes:

The best bit of this last instalment he was armed with only a hammer after that it was just daft .

ITV catch up, free.
Remake of The Ipcress File, 6 parter i watched in one hit.
Very very good, altmospheric, not quite up to the original Tinker Tailor/Smiley's people, but close.

The Rambo spoof movies are the best (Hot Shots! and Part Deux! )

I can't see it but confused why someone is doing me a HUGE favour i said to my brother I knew his dad but i doubt i ever met him ?

In reply "Shayne everyone remembers Rambo walking around the village with no shirt on when we were kids"

Hotshots .... now it makes sense :lol:

Damn i feel old all of a sudden :violin:

Millennials think anyone over 30 is old! When I tell my kids about black and white TV and getting excited about a new channel called 'Channel 4' they look at me with shock and disbelief! :wtf::lol:

Amazing feel good movie. Second time watch and never gets tiring in lifting your spirits.

1647631830788.png

I remember one Rambo where he shoots arrows with explosive heads. Was in my school days. Strong memories from those days were Wild Beasts- animals escape from zoo and attack cities. was in year 1 and had nightmares. Then Evil dead and Rambo all early school time. There was one movie about Japan Nuclear attack this too was very early school days. I still remember that nuclear cloud scene

I watched Boiling point recently. Excellent film with Stephen Graham (This is England).
The whole cast are excellent but he really is a talented actor.

Back