Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

whats it worth?

McLean Racing

Country Flag
uk
Gauging interest in how much my 98 Colorado 1kz-te 3.0td manual with 174k on the clock would be worth as i cant afford to keep it any more. Its in reasonably good nick, bodywork is clean etc.

In the last 3 months its had a whole brand new oem rear axle, new springs, brake hoses, brake pads, poly bushes all round plus more that i cant remember, ive just put a new oem fuel tank on it today aswell.

In the last 18 months its had 2 new exide batteries, new 3kw starter motor, new alternator, new rear lights, new braided goodridge hoses all round, new lower ball joints, theres more but i cant remember but ive got receipts for just about everything. Ive got a new cambelt to go on it aswell. There is an abs fault from the rear axle (i presume) that im trying to fix. Wheels need refurbed too.

I dont want to sell it but i cant keep it. Ill upload pics later but what would it roughly be worth?

Sort out the ABS fault and I reckon you're good for £3.7-3.8k, if not a bit more, considering all the work you have done.

With the (unknown?) ABS fault, it might be a gamble for a potential buyer and that might put them off.

I think Chadr is closer considering the work and known weaknesses on the rear axle

Must admit had i never owned a collie and came across your ad on ebay i would be asking myself why someone spends so much on repair then decides to sell , and those in the know are looking for a D4D :think: i's say fix the abs and ask for £2800 and it might attract a landrover convert .

Assuming you're not in a rush to sell, my thinking has always been that you can always lower your price, rather than feeling cheated when someone bites your hand off because you have priced it too low.
I am also firmly in the camp of "buy the seller". So if I knew the buyer and the truck's history, even if only from a few forum posts and not f2f, that is worth quite a bit to me - assuming of course that they are not shown to be negligent. Much better than dealing with a complete stranger and unknown truck.

Give the truck a good valet inside and out, take some DECENT pics of same and stick them up with a description of the work you've had done, making sure you have the paperwork to back that up. Advertise the truck for £3.8k and see what kind of response you get..........simples.

Good luck.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I sold my 2000 x plate VX spec for £3000 in december. it was very clean and had no issues. slightly higher miles at 185k and auto. folder full of history etc etc. i put it up for £3750 and had a few enquiries then i dropped it to £3500 and had more interest and finally somebody came with cash for £3000. this was just before christmas so the market is slower. and i was also pushed for space with the new one sitting there. so if i held out i probably could of got £3.5. it really is just a waiting game for the right buyer.

I think if you can get the ABS fault fixed, you should shoot for £3500. At that price, hopefully someone will appreciate the work and new parts you've put in.

I think if you can get the ABS fault fixed, you should shoot for £3500. At that price, hopefully someone will appreciate the work and new parts you've put in.

I think thats about right considering the new rear axle case, Get all faults cured, 12 months MOT and some good pics and write up and you should be there or thereabouts.

Its good to know im not setting my sights too high with the price if i do decide to sell it. I just dont know what i could replace it with because it is such a good tow vehicle. Will have to see how my finances go over the next few weeks and then ill decide wether it needs to go or not

Hope things work out for you with the repairs you have done already your cruiser must be good for another 10 years at least which is something to consider against constantly spending to keep a cheaper van on the road .

Ive made the decision im going to get 12months MOT on it in April and then put it up for sale. Bloody shame cuz i realy like it but the missus is putting pressure on me to look at getting something newer with less miles (dunno were she thinks im getting the money from but hey ho). Im getting the abs sorted next week as im sure its a bad sensor but i want to be 100% sure. And then ill get an ad up.

Not sure what im getting next but in tempted with a 100 series as ive been realy impressed with this thing.

Sad times ;(

Hope you find a suitable replacement. Would take my high miler over many newer vehicles with less miles to be honest. Then again, Mrs Bob is fond of the truck too which is a help. I would have bought a 100 if I was doing less miles

Ive made the decision im going to get 12months MOT on it in April and then put it up for sale. Bloody shame cuz i realy like it but the missus is putting pressure on me to look at getting something newer with less miles (dunno were she thinks im getting the money from but hey ho). Im getting the abs sorted next week as im sure its a bad sensor but i want to be 100% sure. And then ill get an ad up.

Not sure what im getting next but in tempted with a 100 series as ive been realy impressed with this thing.

Sad times ;(

Good luck with that my mrs is making the same noises and i have spent every evening for a week searching for options only to find myself looking once again at the 80 series :icon-rolleyes:

I sold my '95 - isn't a single day that I don't regret selling it. My Hi-lux is fine, and its a company vehicle so free, but its not the same.

Bravo Pete i'm sure that was a hard admission to make even to yourself let alone sharing it with us :clap:

Last edited:
I'll also join in on "Collies Anonymous" I regret selling my shorty, I actually saw it for sale on eBay before Xmas, the last owner had managed to snap the chassis in half, broke my heart.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'll also join in on "Collies Anonymous" I regret selling my shorty, I actually saw it for sale on eBay before Xmas, the last owner had managed to snap the chassis in half, broke my heart.

If it was a landrover id understand. How the hell do you snap a landcruiser chassis

I didn't dare ask, but in the photo it was parked in the middle of a field with a tractor trailer behind it...

Back