Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Today, I shall NOT be fitting a Walbro pusher pump which HASN'T arrived. It took two days to get from the West coast of the US to UK customs where it sat for several days and is now being held 30 miles away by Parcelfarce as there is payment due. So, what -I have to collect it? Computer says delivery was attempted. Errr, I don't think so.

Flipping useless.

Chross

Chris said:
Computer says delivery was attempted. Errr, I don't think so.
Was that the USPS tracking service by any chance? If it was I've been there done that. Mine said delivered when it had not been. Turns out it means delivered to the local postal service for onward delivery to end customer.

Ian

Yes, same has happened to me many times. Solution was (after some teeth gritting and the usual runaround) : call the local depot direct and see what they suggest.

If you can pay online that will defo help, one less thing for them to sort out

Then drive there and fetch it.. But a great solution but I've done that before when I had to stick to my schedule before the big trip..

I've had a letter.

Once I have paid the parcel Nazis, the pump shall be mine.

C

Scratched the sides and nicked two of the wheels on rocks.

So tomorrow will be polishing out the scratches from the sides, and touching up the nicks in the wheels from that second to last lane near Betws y Coed today. Great lane however the 80 is a bit wider than the available room and the local thorns and bushes decided to let me know they were less than pleased at me passing by. And a few rocks decided to play with the wheels on the way past.

great day for being out though.

Fitted the Dension Gateway 100 for the Ipod to the radio and put the dash/centre console back together. Works a treat and really happy with it.

Next is to hard wire the GPS in.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thought i would change a wheel for the spare due to the failure of one of the ST Maxx (will post elsewhere for that one) and finally had enough of the crappy anti theft dubry so ripped it off and took the chance to lube up the spare wheel winch for winter.

IMG00336-20111023-1228.jpg

While there, i removed the rear breather which was blocked up as usual, will extend it later.
When doing the front one, i noticed the left hand end of the front diff was weeping (probably due to the blocked breather) so thought i would change the oil while i was there, bit trickier to get to than the 80 so used my usual method :thumbup:

IMG00340-20111023-1305.jpg

Just returned from bambi-bashing and had enough time left to get the new CV in and get SP back on its wheel. Cleaned up the damaged shaft too. Look usable. My mar tack that one when I strip it again in a couple of weeks to put the new needle roller conversion in. The phosphor bushes are actually worn elliptical, so I noticed.

Chris

Chris said:
I've had a letter.

Once I have paid the parcel Nazis, the pump shall be mine.

C

Once the non-delivery shower have handed it over, I'd love to see how you install the pump Chris. I've been getting a little bit of fuel backflow the last few days, it needs a quick boot to get things running smoothly and a Walbro seems like a good plan.

All parts assembled and ready Nick. There will be a post on the fitting and results. Fear not. Probs going to be at the weekend now.

Chris

Picked my truck up from Julian over the weekend, really pleased with how different it feels after front diff & axle rebuild together with OME suspension!

Chucked the roof tent back on, all good to go to Morocco on Weds!

298683_10150894171720010_578390009_21226053_1482247418_n.jpg

Happy trails Paul!! Lots of pics and a full report please.

Chris

Started the day with high hopes of having the rear locker working again to day. Ended up removing the rear axle

paulm said:
Chucked the roof tent back on, all good to go to Morocco on Weds!

298683_10150894171720010_578390009_21226053_1482247418_n.jpg
:shhh: Don't look now Paul but you have a stowaway in your tent...

rebuilt a front diff with 4.56's, new bearings and a 'wildsmith' solid spacer for Ray's 80.

Tightened alternator belts. Locking bolt head rounded off. So you can imagine how long that 5 minute job took :roll:

Chris

New diff, eh? Luck Raymondo.

if he's really lucky I'll get round to doing the rear one as well :mrgreen: not using the commercial solid spacers any more, they're ok but not as good as they could be so ..., makes it a longer job though :roll:

Also, bodged my alternator sense fuse with a couple of schottky diodes to raise the charge voltage .2v as it tended to max out at 14.2v .

Back