Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Changed one rear light, the exhaust down pipe and fixed the rear number plate light. Yes it is MOT time!!

Knocked up some spare wheel spacers so that I don't have to use a pile of washers anymore.

photo.jpg

Nothing - too busy driving lanes :lol: ok, had to change a tyre on a very slippy rocky slope after stupidly busting the sidewall on a boulder. Goodbye new BFG AT :-( And now the alignment is cuckoo too - get that sorted next week ...

Started making up a set of rock sliders, plasma cutters are soooo much fun. Just got to weld them up during the evenings next week.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Are toyo nuts&bolts made of cheese? after taking the front bumper off tried to take the plastic corner off and broke 3 out of 4 bolts,patched that up and tried to undo rear most exhaust braket and snnaped 1 out 2

Damn i don't think i'm doing this right,and yes i did spray lot's of Wd40.

Whooops. That's going to delay matters slightly.

Unexpected failure of gas supply + 150A though the MIG torch = meltdown. Everything from the swan neck forward is fused together. :doh:

replaced a wheel bearing on the Polo - 2.5 hours start to finish, 10tonne hydraulic press makes these kind of jobs ever so easy

Replaced front right oil seal, dust seal and repacked bearings so I know its good for many more miles. Plan to do the left side tomorrow.

Any tips on removing a "stuck" abs sensor...yes I have undone the bolt at rear but it wont budge.

Any tips on removing a "stuck" abs sensor...yes I have undone the bolt at rear but it wont budge.
The casing is not very tough, once they are seized you will be lucky to get them out in one piece, I ended up putting new ones on ... iirc when the dust seal is off the business end of the sensor should be exposed so you might be able to drive it out with a soft drift.

The casing is not very tough, once they are seized you will be lucky to get them out in one piece, I ended up putting new ones on ... iirc when the dust seal is off the business end of the sensor should be exposed so you might be able to drive it out with a soft drift.

Thanks Jon, I gave it a few good wacks with a rubber malet whilst trying to pry it from the rear with a scraper but nothing. I think I may have one if not two on the next order run. Will get back toyou as soon as i have done the other side.

I have the lovely task of drivers side wheel bearing to do for the first time and a brake fluid flush...yay I cant wait to go out in this weather...I wish I had a garage to work in sometimes.

Wish I could get in the garage :_(

I bought some poly pro bushes a while back shortly after replacing UJ's mounts and bushes a while back. I keep falling over them in the garage, anyone fitted them? Is it worth it?

Checked the rear diff lock which was not working. A little help and some grease and she is as good as new which has made me very happy.

I also greased the prop shafts.

The weather down South has been really crappy today

Managed to do the passenger side front wheel bearing. Replaced both oil and dust seals and put fresh grease in. I also removed the AHC control box which stopped the "off" light from blinking on the dash and has also stopped the green "low"light from staying on. All that left of the AHC is the control switch on the centre console which I will remove when i do a custom mod.

Its a good feeling.

Now just the big jobof the timing belt and waterpump etc to change.

I washed the last bits of Salisbury Plain out of my aircon condenser this afternoon. With the bumper and grill off it was obvious why my aircon wasnt that effective during the summer - at least half of it was blocked with mud.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353870800.823922.jpg

I also put a couple of coats of paint on the solar panel rack, which is ready to be mounted for shipping to Oz in a week.

removed front bumper off LC and took wire winch and roller fairlead off (16kg all in) ready for dyneema bowrope from Goodwinch
took wider alloy/BFG AT combo off and smaller wheels/GG AT2 back on

Back