Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Removed the side steps! :clap:

OldCoachRoad7Large.jpg

Attachments

• OldCoachRoad7Large.jpg
    OldCoachRoad7Large.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 212
Replaced the brake pads an all 4 wheels on the 120.... Rear ones were a doddle, no issue at all. The fronts on the other had were a right pig.

Easy enough to do, however the inner lower piston on both front callipers was ceased solid. In the end I had to take the callipers off after using the brake force to push out the pistons, clean the caliper and the piston with wire wool and then re-assemble and fit the new pads.

My 120 has only done 63K miles and is 6 years old. Must say did not expect that at all. As a contrast did the brakes on my 10 year old Audi a few weeks ago and no issues at all... makes you wonder.

So at some point I will need to either refurfb the callipers or do a exchange for Toyota refurb units.... :x

Oh and thanks to Crisping for thr loan of his brake line crimping device (this one) , made my life easier :clap:

Fitted Ironman winch bar, Goodwinch 9.5i winch & a couple of home made recovery eyes to the front,

Anyone know of a good replacement lamp for the Ironman circa 1970's lamps...

Possesion is 9/10th of the law mate... so as things stand it's mine now :laughing-rofl:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
connected the LPG sense wire and 2nd link wire for the DC-DC charger to my trip meter project and did some more field testing so far so good.

Friday I checked all the rockers and considering it hasn't been done for at least 110 000 miles there were only three slightly over tolerance.

Yesterday I took the sender unit out of the fuel tank to check the filter and replaced a creased rubber fuel supply pipe.
Amazing how much mud (read concrete) was on top of the fuel tank. Took longer to clean that off than to do the jobs.

After doing the job I found this on the floor. I think it may have been stuck in the mud on top of the tank and it looks like it may be a brake component. Anyone seen one before :?: is it Toyota or is it a bit of LR i've picked up on my travels :?: :?:

SAM_1915-1.jpg

Attachments

• SAM_1915-1.jpg
    SAM_1915-1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 98
nipped up the adjustment nut on steering rack
refitted rocksliders - now powder coated.

removed the wrecked rear-towbar electric socket (which had been dragged through gravel/mud off-roading...), made a high-rise extension bracket and fitted new electric socket out of harms way - I hope!

made fridge/slider unit box for boot storage system then ran out of wood so couldn't make the other half of the shelving..

Les, looks more like the top off a car battery. Is it metal though?
Course thread and a slotted top? Can't say it even looks like a Toyota part. Unless it's hollow, Id say that the hole was for a pin rather than, say fluid. Almost like a clevis pin of some sort.

Conclusion -

Probably LR.

Chris

Maybe good news if it doesn't look Toyota then :thumbup:

Should have said Chris, It is about an inch and a quarter long and the end has a hole for a cotter pin.
I'm sure i've seen something similar in the past but I have worked an so many different types of vehicle that I just can't place it.

Well, been doing stuff in preparation for the big trip like servicing and fluid changes and some stickers :thumbup:

IMG00148-20110402-1653.jpg

IMG00137-20110402-1649.jpg

IMG00143-20110402-1652.jpg

IMG00142-20110402-1652.jpg

Attachments

• IMG00148-20110402-1653.jpg
    IMG00148-20110402-1653.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG00137-20110402-1649.jpg
    IMG00137-20110402-1649.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG00143-20110402-1652.jpg
    IMG00143-20110402-1652.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG00142-20110402-1652.jpg
    IMG00142-20110402-1652.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 88
Not exactly maintenance, but I finally got round to fitting the X-lites that have been rattling around in the back of the truck for months now. :oops: Not connected yet, I've had a busy day getting our archery range tidied up for our annual open day for the public tomorrow, so I will probably do that tomorrow evening. I took off the previous spots because they had too much spill and I'm hoping the X-lites will be better in that respect, having the bulbs recessed should be an improvement. :pray:

Your trucks are looking good Dave :thumbup: best of :flags-wavegreatbritain: for your big trip

6000004.jpg

Attachments

• 6000004.jpg
    6000004.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 93
heard that horn up here in Aberdeenshire!

spent the afternoon building last of shelving unit for boot storage system
after filling trailer with horse muck from pile in neighbours field! - to go in veg plot...
had to use centre and rear difflocks to get out of the soggy field

Oh nothing much. Just swapped the transmission from the white one to the silver one. Only took a couple of days. 1 pack cigars, 17 cups of tea, two toasted hot cross buns, couple of burgers, some squash and a cherry pie.

Chris + Scott

Looking good Paul and Tommo :thumbup:

Chas, I think you will be suitably impressed with the x-lits. As I am sure Chris will no doubt mention, they are not spot but more like flood lights, but great additional lights

Chris..... and?

And the Lord said 'Let there be light;

Most of the light you can see on the bonnet is from my front door light, I should have turned it off before taking the pic, :doh: the spots don't light up the bonnet now, they are not as bright but I think they will be better than the previous ones; :think:

6000002-1.jpg

Attachments

• 6000002-1.jpg
    6000002-1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 93
Back