Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Finished off the wheel bearings, new brake pads all round, got new tyres fitted and had the alignment sorted at the same time (now my steering wheel points straight ahead).

Up until a few weeks ago we had these everyday

tyhoon.jpg

But all the Coningsby ones are holiday in Italy, doing special deliveries for Mr Gaddafi

Attachments

• tyhoon.jpg
    tyhoon.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 55
Change the diff and Transfer case oils.

Fuchs Titan Race LS 90 in the diffs, Castrol 75W90 something or other in the T-Case.

Both diffs were pretty thick and greasy, an axle and hub service looms :thumbdown:

Droped the auto gearbox oil in my truck that broke down on the way to lincomb after just having a second hand box bought and fitted. Managed 70 miles after spending 500 pounds.

Droped oil smelt awful full of sludge, kaput box!!!!!!! Left truck and walked away crying :(

karl webster said:
Droped the auto gearbox oil in my truck that broke down on the way to lincomb after just having a second hand box bought and fitted. Managed 70 miles after spending 500 pounds.

Droped oil smelt awful full of sludge, kaput box!!!!!!! Left truck and walked away crying :(

Not good Karl :thumbdown:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Karl, I feel your pain.

Really got stuck into the maintenance to day. Swapped my number plates :dance:

Cheers TonyP. Thanks for being foster parent for M16.

Chris

karl webster said:

That blows dude... :(

karl webster said:
I give up with cruisers. Im buying a landrover.
:shock:

With your run of luck I doubt anyone would blame you... :roll:

Keep the faith brother - look what fun you had in 'chuggabug 40' over the weekend :mrgreen:

Ahhh, weekends. I love 'em.

Yesterday spent a good morning with another member's hotwash lance set up. Blasted the underside, chassis and engine. Mmmn. Nice. Now for the underseal.
Thanks Andy. Really appreciated.

Well today I mostly replaced my wiper motor as the magnets fell out. Changed the oil pressure gauge sender unit which made no difference so the gauge must be shagged. Put in an Ecky style rear cargo bay roof light coming off the concealed wiring in the head lining. Hooray for rivnuts! And for Karl's cave of parts (cheers buddy). And finally installed the VIAIR tank under the car. Different place this time. Went down the chassis rail on the passenger side. Quite a bit of room up there and its protected by the sliders. Will bung up a pic at some point. Neat little job. Going to get another compressor and run them in tandem. Two lines going into the tank and one coming out. Need MORE air.

Other than that, been a quiet weekend.

Chris

Fitted a couple of extra cooling fans, one under the bonnet scoop and one in front of the ATF cooler. Had a look at my steering wheel position motors that have stopped working again (stopped about 6 months ago!), yep they're well and truly dead :( Bit dissapointing seeing as they were only installed 26/10/2008 and I don't use the truck much to wear them out :evil: Changed gearbox ATF in case the unicorn tears were getting dirty :lol: Checked all the spark plugs to see it's running ok. Re-did a few electrical connections that were done in a hurry some time in the past. Fitted the awning rail Steve picked up from BOAB for me :thumbup:

Finished servicing the winch and solinoids (well just cleaned up all the connections), and replaced the main positive feed. Reinstalled and tested out said winch. All seems to be fine.

For some strange reason Crispin declined a laning trip to test out the winch :think:

Removed the Gavplate and was surprised that I have bent the bracket :? Removed crossmember and lowered gearbox, Removed what was left of the gearbox mount will need a new one. removed most of the interior as I am trying to trace a couple of electrical niggles. Removed the centre diff actuator. Removed rear prop and re-greased. Will need to remove TC rear extension after work to replace the output bearing and seal during lunch at work. Oh and found a few more leaks :doh:

I shall be putting it all back together next weekend along with removing and re-greasing the front prop, yay!

karl webster said:

Ouch,
I think this has, or some thing like it has happened to you before?

G.

I will clean my radiator with radiator cleaner fluid and then fill the radiator with coolant as summer started and its 42C :oops:

I had a bit of a disappointing weekend as far as working on the truck is concerned. I had hoped to change 2 UJ's, and refit the rear one (to make the nipple more accessible). Instead I got nothing done, had the plate that I bought to make a bash plate stolen :evil: from my drive and my truck has started squeaking... :doh: :violin: :violin: :violin:

i ran two wires from the battery to the dash for the IBS.
go me!

however i did braid and heatshrink them, so at least the run looks nice :D

Back