Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

I replaced the rear door gas struts. :) now the door does not fall on my head while loading :) :)

New seals in the steering box of the 80. Last set lasted 6 years, till it leaked like a sieve again:?

Not me doing it I might add. They renewed the seals in the steering pump too. New castor bushes on the front after all that ATF on the old ones, and new bushes on the rear axle links. New gaskets on the rear half-shafts and new rear brake shoes (old ones OK but oiled up!). Oh, and got the new BEBs in! :lol: Happy now!

I had to swap the front pipe on the exhaust. Flexi section was fine. But the pipe had gone through so many times it was like welding fog. I stuck a new Milner section in for £80 but left the muffler in there. Didn't have time to chop it out. It actually sounds lovely with just that box in. It's taken the bark out of the exhaust. Cruising, it's really really quite. Just the hum of that big 4.2 x 6. I'll let a new section of pipe in when I get chance so I have it in stock just in case.

It actually sounds lovely with just that box in. It's taken the bark out of the exhaust. Cruising, it's really really quite. Just the hum of that big 4.2 x 6. I'll let a new section of pipe in when I get chance so I have it in stock just in case.

This engine sounds fantastic, IMO. It's different from any other engine, can't place why but it is. Especially accelerating as it goes through the 1000 and 2000 rev bands, it sounds classic :icon-biggrin: Mine's no racer, but it sounds the dogs danglies!:lol:

I replaced the rear door gas struts. :) now the door does not fall on my head while loading :) :)

I need new struts for the bonnet, but they're over £100 each and I can't find anyone here who re-gasses :(

Looking for "alternatives" at the moment, other than wooden stick.. :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
clive try gas strut engineering they make custom ones with adjustable pressure. i think they work out around £40 ea. i cant remember the chaps name. they are good give them a shout.
stu
http://www.gasstrutengineering.co.uk/

i found the link for you as well. measure the length and id the ends.

Last edited:
I need new struts for the bonnet, but they're over £100 each and I can't find anyone here who re-gasses :(

Looking for "alternatives" at the moment, other than wooden stick.. :think:

You should try a friendy second hand guy Clive. They can usually sort me out :whistle:

clive try gas strut engineering they make custom ones with adjustable pressure. i think they work out around £40 ea. i cant remember the chaps name. they are good give them a shout.
stu
http://www.gasstrutengineering.co.uk/

i found the link for you as well. measure the length and id the ends.

Thanks Stu, I'll give that a try.

My biggest problem always, is getting stuff imported into Romania. I can arrange shipping, but it's hit and miss. Even if it's only £80, it's a bummer when stuff disappears at the border into someone's quarantine, never to be seen again.

Anyway, most kind to dig out the link for me, I'll give it a go. Too many bumps on the back of my head! :icon-biggrin::lol:

i put some air in my tyres today. I do love driving a toyota:lol:

You'd better get those tyres fixed then, shouldn't be losing air like that :lol:

Just kidding, cruisers are great, even though my old girl has just cost me a fair bit to fix. She'll be good for another 5 or 6 years with just "air in the tyres" maintenance. :lol:

Dropping my 80 off at Julian's tomorrow to have an Alisport intercooler and fuelling tweaks done :dance:

Bit of a long story that one Andy ... The one that was being sold on here was a little more than what I wanted to pay. But as a result of enquiring ended up being put onto a second hand Allisport one.

Took my SS exhaust apart as the clamps had seen better days. Should've really replaced with SS clamps but hey ho.....nice and quiet again now, with a throaty roar when you blip the throttle.

Oil change and filter done on Lil' Blue, out with the mineral oil and back to Toyota Semi Synth.

Bit of a long story that one Andy ... The one that was being sold on here was a little more than what I wanted to pay. But as a result of enquiring ended up being put onto a second hand Allisport one.
Good stuff Grant, I hope Julian unleashes a few more ponies and torks. I saw those Allisport ones the other day on Julians stand. Quite impressive I've got to say. Another result is an adapter plate to attach a 12V Safari intake to a 24V intake manifold, that answers a question I have been pondering as I have a 12V safari intercooler kit but no 12V to put it on.

Andy

Not really maintenance, but I got my trusty roof rack back on at long last. Been without it since the re spray, and missed it, especially as the rear bumper wheel carrier is off at the moment too, carrying the spare in the car is a PITA!

Took 4 of us to lift it in place, must weigh 35 kilos give or take!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back