Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Why Memory Map & not FUGAWI?

Possibly availability of maps and/or pricing of maps at some key point in time, don't know, I don't use either.

Unfortunately not everyone can write their own auto-routing mapping interpreter, Doctor Wildsmith!! :shock: :twisted: wish I could though :)

I use MM because of it's local coverage and cross-correlation to the printed maps. I'll be going to Fugawi or OziExplorer for maps not covered at a decent scale by MM

Will have some work to do to locate decent vector maps of where I'm interested in :(

Edit: anyone know if decently scaled satellite maps are available for Europe / North Africa??

I use Anquet maps!

got whole of UK on 1:50000 DVD, also runs on my pda with built-in gps

tracklogs - not sure if it is still available is another programme

AndyCook said:
There are others but they all do much the same thing except that MM is not confined to the UK which I think the other products using OS maps are?

Jon Wildsmith said:
AndyCook said:
There are others but they all do much the same thing except that MM is not confined to the UK which I think the other products using OS maps are?
Ah :think: Maybe this is why :) On the Suzuki forum those that used didgital mapping tended to use FUGAWI & my m8 Giles also uses FUGAWI I guess as it used to be only £160 for the full UK OS 1:50,000 scale landranger map set & if you wanted only UK didgital mapping it represented a good saving over MM @ the time :) Not so much so now though as I've rescently seen the full UK (all 6 regions) in standard form from MM for only £156.00 :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
honestly?

because, if you are that way inclined, you can download the latest version of memory map and every single OS map for free.

you can get fugawi for free too, but getting the maps to work with it isn't as stupidly easy as it is with memory map.

using garmin mapsource is legal though- anyone can download the program and the maps- but obviously you have to have a garmin GPS unit to run the maps. Except you don't as there are a couple of programs that will convert a NMEA input into a garmin output (and even cleverly will output to more than one com port so you can run more than one mapping prog at once- uite often run garmin and memory map at the same time so make sure we know exacctly where we are- especially when abroad when different maps can vary from reality)

Back