Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wolf Boxes

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
I am currently upgrading the storage in my trailer and would like 8 wolf boxes.....but from front runner europe, the delivery alone is 70€! thats almost 3 boxes.......so, anyone have anything similar?
I feel a trip to local (small) DIY store is in order to see what crap they have........

The RUSBs are good but I have found in colder weather they can be very brittle. Drop one and they shatter. If it's warm you should be fine. The Wolf boxes are expensive and frankly they are just a tough plastic box. Flatdog do them too, maybe their delivery is cheaper? When you compare these to the Zargees aluminium boxes though, you realise just how cheap they really are!

Don't be tempted to go for the metal wire clip upgrades for the Wolf boxes. They are total rubbish. I wonder if Stan could do anything better on the shipping?

Euro Containers and dewalt tough system toolboxes are what I use.

The dewalt medium size boxes are about £30 on eBay and are water and dust resistant. I use these on the roof and after 26000km have had no dust or water enter them.

There are also cheaper boxes than a Zarges available. Search for aluminium box on amazon

Last edited:
:text-+1: On the De Walt boxes. Very tough, a little uneconomic on space with all the reinforcement and catches sticking out but you can't have a strong box without strengthening and good catches I suppose. Just got one of these as a tool box. They do various sizes and are built a bit like the professional Peli cases. For simple bins that fit in well together, Allibert do a range of bins that you can get clip on lids for. Very durable in a range of sizes and stack well on top or side by side. Not cheap but not cheap rubbish either.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I swear by my pelicases, I have a couple of small ones that I used to use in the back of my kayaks and they've had some serious wet time, and we now have some of the Trimcast cases (which have been bought by Peli Australia) in the trailer. One of them did a very wet and dusty 1000km in the back of a fairly open trailer, and at the end we were the only ones with dry stuff, and both have done their time in our trailer successfully keeping the dust out (our trailer isn't dust tight)

Our battery box is a variation of the DeWalt case, and works really well; holds a 34kg AGM battery fairly happily - I'm going to put some reinforcing under it though to spread the load a bit more.

Euro boxes are great stack well and can get lots of sizes.

All mine were free but are pretty cheap to get.

Some really nice boxes there chaps :) I wish I was rolling in it.............however I have jumped on the 'Really Useful Box' 520 x 440 x 310h size, from Amazon France with a 9€ delivery cost.......at least if any get busted on their way I should be able to get them replaced.........Thanks for all the useful info :)

Boxes here

There good boxes, I had one of Byrons on the roof of the truck for about a month, don't think it got much dust in

all of mine will be inside the trailer within support frames, although the trailer isnt dust or water proof, its not that bad.......anything delicate will be put into bin liners anyway :) (my huge pants) I am thinking of getting a dust proof box for the camera though :)

I have 4 of the Euro containers linked above in my rear storage system. I liked the standard footprint sizing to minimise wasted space.

I've got 2 300x400x280 and 2 600x400x280mm which gave another 20kutrws of storage over the previous boxes with sloping sides. They've got lids but open hand holes so get a little bit of dust.

IMG_0983.JPG

Last edited:
Well 8 of the 'Really Useful Box's ' came today :) quite pleased with them - they fit a treat in the trailer, stacked 2 high, with about 3" to spare (wet towel drying?)
20170706_171829.png

I like the way the handles work and all lock together :)

Also, my new JetBoil Flash arrived. Looks like an awesome bit of kit. :)
20170706_172550.png

I have a Kelly Kettle too, for when I run out of gas......

Kelly kettle are great. Mine gets used a lot

Another use for a wolf box

It's her red car today.
20170715_112659.jpg

Back