Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

35"+ aggresive tyres. simex etc.

Ben

Guru
Country Flag
australia
i need a set of aggressive tyres, about 35" x 15. simex, insa turbo special track, marix lion, malatesta kaiman, etc.

im really struggling to find tyres this size for 15" rims. no companies seem to be selling them.
only ones i can find are the simex's devon 4x4 sell, but i dont really want to spend over £1000 for a set of tyres, unless i really have to. :?

cash waiting. :thumbup:

Why not get a set of 16" rims to increase your choice?

You beat me to it rob.

It would make sense ben. On ebay your rims with tyres would prob make ok money then treat yourself to some 16s :thumbup:

thats plan B Rob. :)

but...................i only bought the 15" black modulars im currently running about 6 months ago, so would rather not replace them unless i really have to!

im sure there used to be a lot more choice of tyres a few years ago, this new EU law seems to have really messed things up. :thumbdown:

thanks Karl, if i go down that route, will need to find some 16" wheels with a good negative off set, otherwise id have to buy wheel spacers aswell. :think:

just found these, but there not as aggressive as id like.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAXXIS-MUDZILLA-3 ... _500wt_949

or some used simex's, but there 16"

http://forum.difflock.com/ads_item.php?id=13607

Those mudzillas R a good pattern :thumbup: Same as the Saharas that a m8 of mine runs on his RRC & he seems un-stopable :?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
thanks. :thumbup:

thats who my modular wheels came from. IIRC they were £300 for 5.

will have to find out what price he can do me 5 of those silverstone tyres for, minus rims. :D

Really? That's interesting Ian. I am going down to see JCS at some point. I shall take my tape. The INSA Turbos are cheaper and come in a stated 34 1/2 inch IIRC.

Chris

Hi Chris, Ian, yes, we measured my 35x10.50x16 Silverstone MT 117 Extremes and they were a shade over 33.5". In fairness these were part worn, but there's no way they were a true 35" new. This does seem to be fairly common practice though; I'm told a brand new 36" Simex ET only measures 35". I can say the Silverstones work well off road...

Ben/Chris, my set of six Silverstones on 16x8 Toyota steel rims might be up for sale soon, not decided yet but pm me if you're interested. Four of them have Staun internal beadlocks.

All the best,
Toby
1990 HDJ80
1994 HDJ80

Have a look on lr4x4.com there was some for sale on there.

Watch out for the Maxxis tyres, good off road and good off road, but lost about 1mm of tread every 800 miles.

Paul

Paul_Humphreys said:
Watch out for the Maxxis tyres, good off road and good off road, but lost about 1mm of tread every 800 miles.

Yeh I'd second that. I originally had 37" Maxxis Mudzilla and they definitely appeared to wear quickly, especially in the middle of the tyre. Also dont have especially deep tread to start with compared to Simex, Insa etc...

Still wish I'd kept them though..... :doh:

Lorin,

Not about tyres mate but what lift are you running?

Cheers

Mudzilla have 19mm when new. I have Creepy Clawlers that came with 22m when new. Simex lose even more on the road. Ask JonW, I seem to remember he did a set in 6000 miles!!

Paul

Simex wear fast if you drive them hard but if you go easy on them they're not too bad ;) 6k would be a long life for mine though, more like 3k if you like to change them at half worn. They're tough things though :thumbup:

i do like the simex's but a set of 5x 35"s is going to cost me £1176.

where as 5x 35"s silverstones will cost me £995. :think:

it just seems a lot of money, and im trying to save as much as i can to emigrate. :? :?

karl webster said:
Not about tyres mate but what lift are you running?

Hi Karl,

I'm not totally sure as it was all fitted when I bought the truck. I think it is a 3" OME suspension lift with a 1.5-2" body lift. In order to run the 37s there were also 1" spring spacers fitted - which I have now removed.

I saw Those paul the other week. They were on aution and i made him a offer.

Back